Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #1 
onekatietwo

First time owner! Exciting!

I picked out one of the uglier ones because I was worried nobody else would take him home. haha. I love him a lot! I think he already looks better now that he's in a real aquarium. Those little, poopy cups are just so depressing!

I'm hoping a little TLC will make him a little more vibrant. I'm excited to see what happens with him. :)

I wish I could get more! There are so many great colors. They only had about 8 at the store and it still took me about half and hour to pick him out.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 AM   #2 
Nataku

He's not ugly at all! xD You've got yourself a beautiful cellophane male with a bit of marbling going on in the fins, which I personally think is lovely. He'll never really get any brighter on his base color, per say, because cellophanes are bettas with much reduced pigment count. But the marbling spots will get brighter and sharper. Cheers on your new betta!
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's cute. I like that last pic.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #4 
rockstar26

He's beautiful :)
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

He looks kind of orange to me.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #6 
onekatietwo

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have said that he was one of the uglier ones. I think he is gorgeous and one of the more awesome looking ones. However, he was definitely a little less striking than the others they had - just because they were all deep blues, purples, and reds and very vibrant, shocking colors.

I think he's awesome though. He is already looking more amazing now that he's letting his fins out and not staying so compact.

And thanks for the info on his... uhh... type... or catagorization. That's interesting and good to know. His spots (or marbling, if you will) are my favorite part and probably why I chose him.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think his coloring will show more now that he's in clean water and a bigger home. And getting some tlc! :)
Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #8 
fishyinpa

I think he is gorgeous! Good luck with your new fishy!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #9 
LaniBaby

It's hard to find an ugly betta. :) I also tried picking out a few from petstores and tried to get the ones i thought no one would choose. The last time I did that, I brought the "ugly" guy home and put him in his tank and he opened up his fins and was beautiful! Bettas get more color with lights in the tank. When I brought Bluey home, he was almost green and had lost all his white and black. Within 2 days, he was super bright blue with white tails and black fins/face. Huge change just from a few days in a bigger environment and lots of light. :)
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #10 
blue tuesday

Your fish looks just like my newest guy, Freckles! Very cute :)
blue tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote