Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #1 
Mary Kathryn

I am fishless no more!

After much preparation and then today a trip to two different PetSmarts and Petco I am excited to share my new Betta, Kurgan. I guess his color would be considered a turquoise and red bi-color (please correct me if I'm wrong!) and he is a HMDT.
After he was finally acclimated and able to be free in the tank he's been patrolling it all afternoon. I can see he's going to need more plants and probably a cave of some kind. He seems to be doing well. I don't know if y'all can tell but I'm very excited.

I can see there is going to be a learning curve on getting photos of him. Maybe tomorrow he will be calmer and I can get some better pictures.

Mary Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #2 
xShainax

He is a dragonscale. I am jealous since he is so beautiful
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #3 
Mary Kathryn

Squee! I thought he might be a dragonscale but wasn't sure. Thank you! Can you believe I found him at PetCo? He must have just come in because the water in his cell...er...bowl was pristine when I tested it and he had been making bubble nests. There were a few other good looking fish there but as soon as I saw him I knew he was the one for me.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #4 
xShainax

You got him at Petco? Very nice find.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #5 
Haleigh

Wow! He is a gorgeous fish. Congrats on the great find. I'm happy you are no longer fishless. I was fishless for a few weeks in June, and it's no fun!
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #6 
kjnewcome

Beautiful!
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #7 
shannonpwns

Wow look at that grumpy face! He is gorgeous!! Nice find! You definitely picked a winner!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #8 
Mary Kathryn

Thank you!
He did well overnight. I'm a worrywart but it appears he settled in nicely. I was really surprised at the selection at PetCo. When I was in there a few weeks ago the poor fish all looked sick and sad. Yesterday they had a whole new set up to display the bettas in this cubed, modular shelving so they couldn't see each other. That was apparently only for the more expensive ones. The females and smaller veil tails were stacked everywhere. They had also gotten in a shipment of the "baby bettas" I've seen folks here talking about.
Why are these little fellas like Pringles? I want to set up an even bigger tank in my bedroom to house another betta and some compatible tank mates. And I really want to go back and rescue the lilac and cellophane HM I saw at PetSmart that was covered in ick. I just don't have a good hospital tank set up yet.
No one told me fishkeeping would be addictive. XD
Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #9 
TiffanyP

He's so pretty!! I love that his body is a white/turquoise color - very pretty :) And oh yes, they are definitely addictive - I went home on vacation last week with my baby betta... came back home today with my baby and a veiltail I rescued from Walmart. Fighting with myself to not go get another one, too lol I want to just save them all!
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #10 
blufish425

Nobody told me it would be addictive either! I have 3, and I want at least 3 more, lol. Its too bad these guys cant just get along so I wouldn't have to get a completely new setup for each one! Congrats on your gorgeous new boy!
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote