Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #1 
drewdigg

White Thing on Betta Tail Fin (possibly fungus)

May be hard from pictures but can anyone tell me what this white thing on the tail fin of my betta is? Is it Fungus?

He still has a healthy appetite but he does seem to be a little more lethargic than usual. Only really seems to swim around when I come close to the tank or otherwise just for short periods of time in between longer rests.

I've had him for just over a year and a half now. He is in a 10 gallon heated tank with a filter. Usually I keep the tank at 78 degrees F but now in the summer it's closer to 85 degrees F.

I've tried frequent water changes with aquarium salt but it doesn't seem to be helping. Should I get some fungus medicine? If so what would you recommend? Or does this look like something other than fungus?

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images

drewdigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #2 
Laki

ooh, that does look like fungus. Is the tank 85F without a heater?!? Warm temps should help kill off a fungus, along with a fungus treatment... There are commercial ones like jungle brand which I think people recommend. I have never personally dealt with fungus (just helping to bump your thread!)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote