Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #11 
Ezzie

I found a nice tank thats 13 gallons, how many females could i fit into this do you think?

I came home from work and found red female had somehow escaped the breeder net. I dont know how since it was a good 2cm's above the water level and the lid to the tank is almost touching the top of it but anyway Blue female had some missing chunks from her tail and anal fin so instead of feisty red in the breeder, i put my little blue girl.

If my tank is showing .50ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite but 10ppm nitrate am i close to finishing a cycle? It seems i always get to this part and it stops and stalls. Im doing regular 2-3 day water changes to keep it at .25ppm ammonia. before this my nitrites were high.
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #12 
shellieca
Reference Team

With ammonia at .5 I would do one 50% water change then it should be good for a day or two but obviously you would test the water to know for sure. Can't say how close you are to the end of cycling, I've had had them take 8 wks or more. The nitrite phase alone can take 3 wks.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #13 
Ezzie

It's been so up and down with this tank. I did a 50% change with it. It's been so difficult with this tank /sigh.

Anyway! I have decided to rehomed my big Oscar fish and put my 3ft tank into storage. Our apartment is getting a bit overun with all the tanks and moving the big guy will make space for my future sorority! Once he has been rehomed I can start the new girls tank.
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote