Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1 
Lamb

My boys set-ups.

Well I have kind of set up their vases the way I want them to be. They seem to enjoy them so that's all that matters! (And that I'm a crazy person and HAVE to and actually ENJOY cleaning their vases. Lol.)

But here ya go!

Name:  IMG_5281.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5282.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  30.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5284.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  60.6 KB
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ooo love your orange Dragon scale!!!

Oh something else I might suggest is pulling some saran wrap tight over the top and cut a little feeding hole because Betta's are very known to jump and they will jump sooner or later. That's how I lost one of my boy's so I don't want the same to happen to you because it's no fun!! But saran wrap pulled tight and either use scotch tape or a rubber band to hold it in the back part of the tank, it will still look nice for most of it and keep your babies safe. Also it will keep humidity in the tank, reducing evaporation and making it easier for them to breathe
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #3 
Lamb

Thanks! I'll be breeding him to his sibling I have, she's an orange fancy dragon as well. :)
If all goes well, I'll be selling some offspring just like them. He's also show quality and Myates even said there's very little improvement needed for him. So I'm excited about the spawn. I'll hopefully be doing it here within the next month after conditioning them. They're eating frozen brine, guppy fry, mosquito larvae, daphnia, new life spectrum pellets, and tropical flakes... and blood worms. So I'm hoping they'll be ready after a few weeks.

And thanks for the tip! I am planning on crafting lids out of plastic mesh, but until then (probably tomorrow) I'll do the saran wrap! :)
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Oooo, very nice and creative! I adore the way you've set them up! <3 And your Orange boy IS absolutely stunning, I look forward to hopefully seeing pictures of his babies in the future!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #5 
shannonpwns

Wow creative homes for them. They look great! And I can't wait to see your spawn logs!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #6 
Lamb

Thanks! I like them, I have more plants coming so I'll be setting the sorority tank up soon. And I can't wait either! Have you decided on a male or have any more options?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #7 
shannonpwns

A guy on Facebook said he has "the perfect HMPK male for my female", so I'm waiting on pics from him. The suspense is killing me! I've been waiting patiently since yesterday lol.

And after seeing your vase tanks, I'm totally considering doing one myself, for whatever HMPK male that I finally find. I'm gonna try to coax my boyfriend into buying me an imported male, since I may have to go that route. And I don't wanna pay for it myself lol. Maybe I'll buy the fish and he can pay the shipping haha.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #8 
Lamb

I can't wait to see either! What group on FB did you join?

And that would be a good idea, if he'd do it! My hubby just says "No." Lol.

I think it's hard to get something because the Koi coloring is newer in the US.

I wanted us to go about it together!!! I'm so excited for spawn though.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #9 
Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Oooo, very nice and creative! I adore the way you've set them up! <3 And your Orange boy IS absolutely stunning, I look forward to hopefully seeing pictures of his babies in the future!
Thanks! I'm quite excited. I'm expecting a lot of spawn like him. His mate is a sibling so I hope it'll be good!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #10 
shannonpwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
I can't wait to see either! What group on FB did you join?

And that would be a good idea, if he'd do it! My hubby just says "No." Lol.

I think it's hard to get something because the Koi coloring is newer in the US.

I wanted us to go about it together!!! I'm so excited for spawn though.

Myates (sp?) added me to some groups, like 10 haha.

I think I could talk my bf into it. I'm very persuasive...especially when I tell him how much money ill be making off of the fry! LOLOL!!! (Sarcasm)

I know, I wanna do it together too! I'm trying my hardest to find a male, this is all I do all day lol.