Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #1 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Angry I.Am.Fed.UP!

Whenever I go to Petsmart, its a sad sight to see indeed. I see Bettas with fin rot, dirty cups, and employees that COULD help but either do not know enough or simply do not care! I am totally tired of seeing these poor bettas and not being able to do more than put a couple in the front so they can be seen or tell the employees about the sick bettas! ( of course, they do not do anything) Great Gandalf, I need to do something! Any ideas folks? Sorry for the rant but I am just feeling so hopeless...
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #2 
countyrd419

Cool Suggestions For The Cupped Bettas At PetSmart

I would speak with the store manager or better yet write a letter to the corporate office and see what happens.

I work for a large retail store chain and I know that customers do write in to corporate and post messages about anything on-line.

I know that the PetSmart where I live in Oviedo, FL does take care of their fishes. I have seen them clean tanks and do temperature readings of bettas who have yet to be picked up.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #3 
NeptunesMom

Ask at the register to speak with the pet care manager, or store manager. In a nice (but still firm) manner tell them that you do not believe the fish are being properly cared for and list your concerns. Tell them that if you notice it, it means other customers notice it. Then, wait. If you come in a second time and the fish are still not being properly cared for tell them (whatever manager is on duty) you are going to contact the corporate office and file a complaint about the treatment of the animals. Then do it.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #4 
Tikibirds

I think its company policy that dictates how they care for the bettas. Someone one here worked for petco and said they are only allowed to change the cup water once a week??
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #5 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I think its company policy that dictates how they care for the bettas. Someone one here worked for petco and said they are only allowed to change the cup water once a week??
I work for PSmart. Water is required to be changed once a week, but there are people who change it more. I watched ours changed 3 times last week.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #6 
Briz

We're required to change the water more often than once a week at our store
Briz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #7 
Corsica

Twice a week at our store.
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #8 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Wow i can't believe I didn't think of writing to them... yeah I could try that and speaking to the manager even!
They only do their water changes once a week at our Petsmart.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #9 
Lights106

I just wrote to my walmart. Today I went to see if there was a heater that I saw on line at the store, but I saw the betta's and talked with a manager and I just wrote to the store. HOPEFULLY they will help them out.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #10 
sassyfriend

I am also very upset about how bettas are treated in mejirs several fish where dead and a lot of them didn't seem healthy at all. I had only one person who seemed to care but she didn't work in that department. I promise God that if they would let me work in that area those fish would be taken care of to the best of my ableity and the poor ones that died would have a proper farewell funeral by me since no one else gives a crap in pet department.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote