Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1 
ladybuglil123

Question 3 new questions

Okay so yesterday I went shopping at petco and petsmart buying different things and I purchased a 10gal, a glofish(getting more to school soon) and new food and i'm having problems already. Can you help?
  1. My new girl Daphne(the glofish) is having fun in her new tank with Phoenix(he chases her sometimes) and they aren't fighting and she's not a nipper so that's good. But she won't eat! I put the food in the door and Phoenix is the first to it(he spits it and won't eat either) and she doesn't even notice.
  2. Phoenix has a lump in his bladder like the picture. Is it swim bladder? The pic is somewhere on the bottom of the post.
  3. He squeezes into the filter! Every nook and cranny of it! The filter came with the tank so it is a grreat choice 10-20 filter the takes up the whole side: http://petsmart.com/product/index.js...=12346720&Imdn I'm scared he will cut him self or get stuck or even worst killed! I'm looking for a new filter and I took the other out for now. Should I just not worry? How should and where should I position it?
Any help will be good!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by ladybuglil123; 07-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.
ladybuglil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

1) New fish not eating is normal.. I hope you got those thin glofish? They truly need 20G and above because they're actually just modified danios. But I guess the thinner type is fine; just keep to a very small amount.
2) That lump is in every betta. I think it's called a peducule or penducule. It's just used for navigation and whatnot; but no need to worry about that. (:
3) The link doesn't work for me. If you're worried then I would just get a sponge filter; no one can get stock in those. Unless they swim down the tube.

You should've researched more about the danios. They need a cycled tank, and yours isn't. Do you have a heater?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #3 
ladybuglil123

No I still have no heater but Daphne is eating now and yeah she's the thin type. Got a new filter and Phoenix doesn't mess with it any more but I turn it off a night and he sleeps behind it in between the suction cups. New problem. Phoenix likes the food he use to eat before which was for bettas and now he's moved to tropical fish food and won't eat it but Daphne loves it. How do I feed them separately?
ladybuglil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

You can cup Daphne and then feed her. That way she'll get her own food and eat it at her own pace. :D While she's in there, you can feed Phoenix in his tank.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote