Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Should I Get Another Betta?
Yes 12 85.71%
No 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #1 
Haleigh

Guilt Over Getting Another Betta

I donít know what my problem is, but I always have massive guilt about buying another betta! Does anyone else have this problem? The first betta I owned was named Pontus. I had him for five months before he died. Around months three and four I kicked around the idea of getting another betta, but decided against it because I didnít want him to feel replaced. (I know how ridiculous that is.)

I bought my betta fish Catullus a few weeks after Pontusí death. Now my betta clock has been ticking, and I really want to get another. There are some cute orange ones at my local pet store right now! I just feel like itís irresponsible keeping two in a college dorm. I can handle it, I just worry about transporting them back home over Thanksgiving. Do you guys have any ideas on that? I was thinking of getting a 3 gallon kritter keeper to keep at home for Tully, so I donít have to bring his 5.5 gallon back. A new betta would be kept in my 2.5 gallon which I would be able to transport back and forth.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #2 
tigerhappy26

If you can you can get them both a crittur creeper or keep their cups and transport them.It depends on what collage your transporting them from and if you're leaving any collages in the mountains.

Last edited by tigerhappy26; 07-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.
tigerhappy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3 
karenluvsbettas623

You shouldn't really have to feel guilty over buying another betta, its not like you have a dozen already. If you can handle it, then go for it. I would transport them in a cup or put them in bags and a small insulated lunch box. As long as you have enough money for all the equipment they'll need its alright.
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #4 
Seki

I agree, feel no guilt unless you get to the point of being unable to care for them properly. I have 11 bettas right now, and am seriously considering adding one more male to the mix. The only reason I haven't is because I've been working a lot of overtime lately and have barely been keeping up with the maintenance on my six tanks as it is. Adding another male right now would be irresponsible. But in the future, I'll certainly be getting another. As long as you can provide them with a good quality of life and they make you happy... why not?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #5 
Haleigh

Thanks so much for the support everyone! I don't know why I feel guilty; it's silly. I'm going back to the store tomorrow to see if any of those orange cuties are still there! I already have Stress Coat treated water sitting out and ready to go! If I get one, I'll be sure to post pictures.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #6 
Haleigh

I did indeed buy a new betta. I posted a forum here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=231146