Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #11 
rockstar26

I purchased the whole kit as well... =) i had to purchase the heater seperate though.... I also then realized after my last posting (when i took out those darn directions!) that the heater has to run for 24 hours to reach the correct temp for the betta....

woohoo, excited! i have a thermometer that suction cups to the inside of the tank, but its aggravating me, so i may just go buy the thermometer sticker kind!!

about to post photos of the tank in a moment too!!
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #12 
rockstar26

Cosmo's new tank, still need more greenary, to the left is the heater... you think a small plant will be safe near it? The buddha head has holes and stuff like cave.... Can't wait for Cosmo to try it out!

Here's what I got to see when I came home today :)

Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank and nice bubblenest! :) I'd say he likes his new tank just fine. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #14 
rockstar26

i haven't even put him in the new tank yet, won't do so probably till tomorrow, currently he's in his 1.5 gallon that i started him in sunday.....
Old 04-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #15 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy View Post
I was about to buy the same one from walmart about the same time as you two. I decided to wait until I could research it more before buying that one. Let me know what you two think, I may go buy it tomorrow LOL.
Well, if you are considering the kit, I am finding (upon further observation. haha) that the filter that came with it does appear to be a bit too much for my little betta. He can handle it allright and swim through flow (and sucking area) of it ok, but when it is on, he seems to prefer to just hang out away from the filter more than explore the whole tank.

Otherwise, everything else is still going fine. (again, I still don't have a thermometer and can't vouch for the heater. it is at least functioning, though)
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #16 
chippy

Thanks 1k2. I will go to petco this weekend and see what they have there. Maybe I will check target too.
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #17 
Chicklet

If you want to ease the filters flow, Stuff the little end that goes into your tank with sponge, Then replace it, You will need to clean the small sponge regularly to keep it clean and the water flowing thru it,
That is what I did for my filters that my bettas are in.. also works great as a fry saver/

Here's a pic, I pulled the sponge out just a tad so you could see what I was referring too..

Name:  filtersponge.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  31.4 KB
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #18 
rockstar26

not sure about everyone elses target stores, but mine only seems to carry a couple brands of fish food and thats it!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #19 
rockstar26

where do you get this "sponge"?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #20 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
If you want to ease the filters flow, Stuff the little end that goes into your tank with sponge, Then replace it, You will need to clean the small sponge regularly to keep it clean and the water flowing thru it,
That is what I did for my filters that my bettas are in.. also works great as a fry saver/

Here's a pic, I pulled the sponge out just a tad so you could see what I was referring too..

Attachment 1686
Absolutely genius. Thanks for the tip. Is there a special kind of sponge that is best to use? I might just scrap the filter thing all together after reading all the cons listed by you guys, but if I don't, I'll definitely do the sponge trick. Thanks!
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote