Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

Kryce - Betta #2

SO! My 3.5G finally finished cycling and so.. I bought another addition! :D Coloring? He's a dragonscale, but I don't know what else.

I should say.. Remember the thread I posted about liking the HM or HMPK better? Well.... I guess my vote outvotes yours. Because, I bought a HM! ^^" I didn't expect it really, but the PK and HMPK there were all clamped, I couldn't see their colors correctly. Kryce might be a delta, I don't know. He never fully flared but I guess he's a delta. Pictures!!

He's still acclimating, so he's a little stressed and labored breathing, etc.

Name:  IMG_4229.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4230.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4233.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4235.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4237.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4238.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  34.5 KB

And then here he is in his new tank, still showing stress symptoms.

Name:  IMG_4239.jpg
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4240.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4241.jpg
Size:  34.2 KB

Sorry for all the pictures that look the same!! lol
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #2 
ismintis

He's beautiful! And very lucky to have a great home with you :)
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #3 
Seki

He's lovely! I'd call him a bicolor dragonscale. Handsome boy, congrats!!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Thank you both! He swims so much, I guess he's just enjoying the tank. Though it's pretty small, his cup that he came in was smaller than the ones in Petco and Petsmart.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #5 
DragonFish

What a lovely little guy he is! A fantastic find for sure! :)

As for his color, I don't think I'd call him a dragon....hes got some nice heavy iridescence/metallic going on but not quite heavy enough to be a dragon. He looks to me though, if I'm not mistaken, like a Mustard Gas coloration.....so I'd personally pin him as an MG with some heavy iridescence. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #6 
registereduser

I agree with DragonFish. Congrats!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He's a Dragon and he's not a technical Mustard Gas. For him to be a MG he'd have to have a blue band around the edge of his fins like a Butterfly but it's the same color as the body, not a different color, then he'd be a butterfly. But for now he's just a blue/yellow Bi-color. He's definitely a Dragon, not a full Dragon but he is a Dragon nonetheless.

He's beautiful Lebron! Welcome to the bi-color blue/yellow club! I think we've got jacket's somewhere! haha
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
He's a Dragon and he's not a technical Mustard Gas. For him to be a MG he'd have to have a blue band around the edge of his fins like a Butterfly but it's the same color as the body, not a different color, then he'd be a butterfly. But for now he's just a blue/yellow Bi-color. He's definitely a Dragon, not a full Dragon but he is a Dragon nonetheless.

He's beautiful Lebron! Welcome to the bi-color blue/yellow club! I think we've got jacket's somewhere! haha
Really? I've never heard that about the MG before....must be a newer/breeder/show thing. Interesting xD

I still have to say he doesn't look quite Dragon to me, but I'm not a breeder or shower and I've been out of the 'loop' for a while. XD; Seems I need to brush up on my definitions.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Really? I've never heard that about the MG before....must be a newer/breeder/show thing. Interesting xD

I still have to say he doesn't look quite Dragon to me, but I'm not a breeder or shower and I've been out of the 'loop' for a while. XD; Seems I need to brush up on my definitions.
The original MG was a true blue body, yellow fins with blue butterfly to match the body but most of the breeder's just call anything that's got yellow in it's fins a MG and it's not true. So to find a true MG is really hard, my avatar is close but his blue butterfly around his fins aren't totally equal and defined real well in some places but he's more MG than fish who only have yellow fins with a blue body

Yeah, he wouldn't be a full Dragon but anything with thick scaling like he has that doesn't stop behind the gills to the nose is a Dragon. So he's not a full Dragon because his scaling doesn't go up to his head to make a Skunk stripe or a Full Mask but because he's got thick scaling, he's still considered a Dragon, more like a broken Dragon is all
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
The original MG was a true blue body, yellow fins with blue butterfly to match the body but most of the breeder's just call anything that's got yellow in it's fins a MG and it's not true. So to find a true MG is really hard, my avatar is close but his blue butterfly around his fins aren't totally equal and defined real well in some places but he's more MG than fish who only have yellow fins with a blue body

Yeah, he wouldn't be a full Dragon but anything with thick scaling like he has that doesn't stop behind the gills to the nose is a Dragon. So he's not a full Dragon because his scaling doesn't go up to his head to make a Skunk stripe or a Full Mask but because he's got thick scaling, he's still considered a Dragon, more like a broken Dragon is all
o: Very, very interesting! I love learning things about coloration and genetics, always had kind of an affinity for it. xD
Broken dragon! I like that term....never heard it before, but I see a lot of fish where it would apply very well. I was kinda teetering in the edge about the dragon with the guy in question though, hes scales don't look quite so thick to me but I do also see the potential there. Its just so hard to tell with some of them, you know?