Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #1 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Unhappy Quitting...

Well, I'm not sure if my thread belongs in the right category or not... but there's just a few things I need to say.

I'm quitting fishkeeping. My dad keeps getting me more and more fish for my 5g tank. He says he's using the fish for decoration purposes! I can't take care of 10 fish in a 5g tank. Right now, I only have 4 fish in the tank (Rose is in the 1g) and it's pretty quiet. My dad is planning to overload my 5g tank again. I keep telling him not to, and that there's a capacity for every tank, but he says he'll take care of them himself, completely ignoring what I said about capacity. I think I've got no choice but to quit fishkeeping altogether. I'll rehome all my fish and keep the 5g away from my dad. I'll probably come back in a few years. I might make some visits when I have time (and when my plantar fasciitis isn't hurting me >.<')

~ Little Leaf
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #2 
jona31

oh that sucks try to explain to your dad that this can kill the fish and that there very sensitive show him a sad video on the affects of ammonia poisoning on fish make sure he knows that they may look happy but there all going to start to suffer or get your dad his own tank just giving you suggestions because your a great addition to bettafish.com
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #3 
Namialus

I'm sorry to hear that. Does he understand ammonia poisoning and such? Ask him to let you explain.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #4 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I tried explaining... but his head was practically in the clouds. He never listens to a thing I say about fishkeeping. (Tomorrow is going to be my last day in the forum.) Jona31, I had fun with the School for the Gifted RP with you! ^.^
Old 07-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #5 
Namialus

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's good that you care for fish enough to stop it altogether.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #6 
rubinthebetta

I'm so sorry Little Leaf! I'll miss you on the forum. But like Namialus said, it's great that you care enough just to stop. I hope you come back sometime.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #7 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
I agree with everyone else, it's very good of you to stop so your dad won't make you do this anymore. I'll miss you though, stop by here sometime if you can!!!
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #8 
cowboy

Here's a suggestion... Your dad obviously like fish and that's great! For a birthday, Xmas or Father's Day present what about getting him his own little tank? I know what your saying but its great hrs into them. If he has his own tank maybe you will get yours back? Just an idea

PS I didn't read all the posts (I'm on my phone)
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #9 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Here's a suggestion... Your dad obviously like fish and that's great! For a birthday, Xmas or Father's Day present what about getting him his own little tank? I know what your saying but its great hrs into them. If he has his own tank maybe you will get yours back? Just an idea

PS I didn't read all the posts (I'm on my phone)
Actually, my dad just USES fish for decor... He said he hates them, but he hates bettas the most... :/
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #10 
cowboy

Oh! Sorry, didn't read all the posts
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote