Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #11 
parakeeto225

i wouldnt add my betta with guppies..I have 3 cory witha betta..Had to seperate them cus of betta being teritorial and jealous.. I tried adding guppy to my betta...Betta thought that the female guppy is a female betta and tried to mate with it..The female betta kept running away..Causing my betta to kill all the guppies...JK..he only killed the female..I transferred the others before he reached to them..WHEW...that was a heart stopper.
parakeeto225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #12 
parakeeto225

Well at least your fish arent fighting! good job! and goodluck!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #13 
Elisew

Thanks parakeeto, I`m so pleased that they`re all getting on so well. Still no signs of any animosity between any of them so it`s all good.

I`m sorry that it didn`t work out with your Betta and guppies, I guess it`s all trial and error. I must just be lucky enough to have some very laid back fish lol

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #14 
parakeeto225

im happy for you! todai i watched my guppy give birthto 5 fry! although my guppy taht gave birth died after a few minutes of giving birth... When It was done giving birth i transferred all the fry to the 1 gallon tank then I went to get them food..then I fed them.Then when i went back to check on the mommy guppy...it was floating at the top...i think it couldnt handle the pain of giving birth...*sigh*
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #15 
parakeeto225

Oh yeah I bought two new cory fish in my guppy tank!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #16 
froglady

Wow those guppies are pretty too. one looks allot like mine. i dont have a floppy disk drive for the laptop. so cant post pics yet.. anyway if the other fish get along with the betta. thats cool.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #17 
bigali

You beta is amazing.. your sucess with this has led me to venture, i will post when i have a day off
bigali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #18 
Elisew

lol@parakeeto!! Fry huh? you sound so excited....just as I was when my Husband spotted the guppy fry in the big tank. I`ve actually got the molly fry and the guppy fry in the smaller tank now, don`t know what`s happened to my molly fry, I did have 12 but before I cleaned the tank on Saturday evening I appeared to have only 5 left At least those 5 are growing really well so all is not lost.

I also bought another 3 corys yesterday, albino ones, I`m not sure what they`ve been fed at the shop but they`re extremely hyper!! lol they make me laugh the way they jig about all over the tank and Shimmer appears to like them.

Thanks for your comment froglady, it`d be nice to see pics of your guppies when you manage to upload some.

Thankyou bigail, Shimmer is beautiful and I`m chuffed to bits that I decided to get him, he`s a real pleasure to watch

Well, it`s a few days down the line and I`m so pleased to be able to say they are all still getting on really, really well! No animosity between Shimmer and my guppies whatsoever. The only bit of fisticuffs that seems to be happening in the tank is purely between my black Sailfin molly and my orange balloon molly (both males). I did think things had settled down between them but obviously not. It`s just a good job they can`t wear boxing gloves!!

My Husband is starting to despair, I`ve now told him I plan on getting another Betta (maybe 2) and buying another 13G tank for them. (I`ll more than likely use the 13G I already have once the fry have grown but it`s great winding him up, he`s convinced the house will become full of fish tanks if I have my way)

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #19 
parakeeto225

I'm happy to hear you doing good with your fish!

My sppotted cory catfish are hyper too..it's normal...they like to go up and take a big gulp of air. How are your fish doing now?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:51 AM   #20 
parakeeto225

I'm happy to hear you doing good with your fish!

My sppotted cory catfish are hyper too..it's normal...they like to go up and take a big gulp of air. How are your fish doing now?