Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1 
Madi92

Heating!!!!!

I really want to get my betta a heater but of course my mom says no, ( she just doesn't understand, she says " so what if it dies its just a fish", but its just not a fish bettas are like dogs with great personalities and I would be devestated if he died) so my house is kept at 76 in the summer and a little warmer, almost 80 in the winter, but is his enough? And if not are there any other ideas to heat a tank without an " expansive "( according to my mom) heater please let me know. ASAP .
Madi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #2 
Namialus

I think you're okay if your temperature doesn't fluctuate a lot. If it's a constant 76 or above, he should be fine. But I'd say try to get one just in case.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #3 
Madi92

I'm gonna still try to talk her into it, and my dad is always a push over so I will talk to him. And I have to get a thermometer which I can probably get tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Heaters aren't expensive...try ordering one online.

We can't tell if the temp is ok just by the room temperature. Do you know what the temperature of the water is? A room temp of 80 may keep the water at an ok temperature, but like I said, we need the temp of the water (use a thermometer that goes inside the tank, not a sticker).
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #5 
Madi92

I, going out tomorrow to go get a thermometer , and possible talk my dad ( since my mom won't let me get a heater , mabey my dad will) into a heater. Any way I will. But up the temp. Tomorrow sometime if I don't get a heater but thanks everyone for trying to help