Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #21 
TianTian

I just got some Jungle Fungus Clear tank tablets and a new filter (working good so far, dunno if Tian-Tian likes it yet). Should I wait on the tank tablets?
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #22 
TianTian

LOL oh Tian-Tian was actually flaring at his filter just now!! Silly fish!

I think the current scared him, though; he just went to hide and hasn't come back out since.

Well, it was worth the shot. It's a really nice filter, though, and quite inexpensive, too. I kinda want to keep it just so when I do water changes and happen to kick up dust in the process, I can stick it in and run it until the water clears out.

Then again I can always return it and get my money back...

Edit: Okay, I just took the filter out. He was getting really aggressive towards it and I think it was just stressing him out more. It really is a nice filter, though. I might just keep it for future tanks/deep tank cleanings.

Last edited by TianTian; 04-16-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #23 
TianTian

Just when he was getting better (or seemed so).... I fasted him last night and tried to offer him two pellets. He spat out one and ignored the other completely. I offered him a freeze dried bloodworm and he gobbled that sucker down!
What's wrong? Was he possibly just 'bored' with his pellet food? Or does he really have a parasite?

I'm gonna put the fungus-treatment stuff in tomorrow morning. He's been through a lot of adjustments today (filter in and out, water changes, etc)... I just want to give him a rest.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe try a different brand of pellets. Bettas can be very picky eaters. Its funny, I have never had a problem with getting mine to eat. They have always scarfed down anything I ever give them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #25 
TianTian

This is so strange, though. He always scarfed these pellets down! In fact, this is the same stuff that they fed to him at the store (I didn't want to break his routine when I first brought him home).
Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #26 
Chicklet

Sounds to me Your problem is most likely the blood worms,
Your fish has found his favorite food and now has decided he's gonna hold out for just them.
Betta's are like kids, He's gonna work you until he gets what he wants, Unless mummy puts her foot down.

I had a few like that, Refused everything except blood worms and fry
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #27 
TianTian

Oh man! These silly fish!

Well, he's acting very healthy and swimming all over this morning. I tend to only feed him in the evenings. When I first had him I fed him both morning and night, 3 pellets each. Then I got worried about overfeeding so now I just feed him in the evenings, around 10pm.

*gasp!* That might've been it! I was up at 2am trying to feed him! Do you think he wasn't taking it because it wasn't his usual feeding time?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #28 
Chicklet

I feed mine all hours of the day & night, When ever I get the time to do it, If the fish is hungry I think they'll eat no matter what time of day or night it is,
I am often up way into the night with mine, Think some of mine didn't get feed till just before I went to bed.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #29 
TianTian

Hmm.... okay. Well, I can't say he's unheathly otherwise.

I'm going to put a Jungle Fungus tablet in later today, just to make sure it ain't some parasite hiding somewhere. One tablet is meant for a 10 gal. tank. I'm thinking I should break it into a smaller piece....
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #30 
chrismcdonald

i did not mean to scar you when i told you about the worm if its not green then its not a anchor worm if hes ok then dont worry dont over treat him ether i seen my dad kill his with over treating. But a itch and fungus growing out of the skin sounds like a worm take it easy just keep a eye on him
chrismcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote