Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #1 
Skyewillow

Kittens!!!

We went over to my Dad's today to drop off some things, and pick up my mail, and there were two of the most adorable kittens ever hanging out by his porch. The little gray one came running over to greet me, fell in love with Mike, and kept trying to climb into our car when we tried to leave. Her brother wasn't as social, but still could be handled safely, and I tortured him with unwanted pettings and ear rubs that he melted into a puddle for.

I'm planning on adopting this one if he survives barn life until we move. His name is Boe (The Poof of Boe for all of you Whovians).

(my dad had just put him on his leg so I could take a picture of his face, Boe doesn't appreciate being held so much. lol)

He has a bit of an eye infection (they both do), so I'll be looking into a vet for him, and have decided to buy some wet food and goat milk to help his momma and him stay at a healthy weight (momma's skinny from nursing), and I'm planning on setting off a little "cat fund" for things like vaccinations, neuter, and emergency services for him. ^_^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #2 
Fenghuang

*steals*

These kittens are so cute, Skye. I hope you find a house soon. :)
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #3 
Skyewillow

I'm hoping so too! We need some space to stretch our legs! lol
Old 07-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

So adorable and love the name, I used to have a hound dog named Boe :)
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #5 
10asartin

Kittens are just the best things. Surprise kittens are even better!
10asartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #6 
Skyewillow

^_^ my dad had told us that they have plenty of barn kittens to choose from, and although I generally prefer black cats, Boe just kinda of stuck on me. I'm really anxious to hurry up and find a house that we both like and can afford, so I can bring him home before something happens to him.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #7 
jag14

A friend at work and my husband ambushed me with a little black kitten Saturday morning. I lost an adult cat about a month ago, did not want another. That really didn't last very long. Shadow is maybe 5-6 weeks old, my friend says 8wks, but there is no way that baby is 8 weeks. We are feeding a mix of can food, dry food and kitten milk for now. My husband is in love with the baby. He/She? is very cute and beginning to respond to the attention it is getting. Good luck with your new babies. I'd post pics of Shadow, but I have to transfer pics from my camera to a flash drive. I can't help but fall for a bundle of fur and kitten eyes.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #8 
Emparios

Aww, my dad had a kitty that looked just like that. His name was Boe, but it was short for Bocephus (because he had a lot of attitude, like the singer he was named after), not from Doctor Who. My dad picked him from a litter of barn kittens, and he was the little runt ^-^

Good luck with your kitty, he'll probably survive barn life until you find a place: kittens are tougher than they look >.< I'll still be sending hopes and prayers your way, though.
Emparios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #9 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emparios View Post
Good luck with your kitty, he'll probably survive barn life until you find a place: kittens are tougher than they look >.< I'll still be sending hopes and prayers your way, though.
I just worry because they've already lost 2 of the siblings to Boe. I guess there was another orange (hit in the road), and a gray (dad thinks it was heatstroke).

My fiance is also planning on adopting a kitten once we move, but he's not sure if he wants the squee little gray lover, or if he wants to see what other kittens they'll have.

Our cats before this were also barn kittens, I wish they hadn't disappeared. I was really hoping that No-Less would've been able to just hang around for a few more months while we saved up.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #10 
jag14

One thing I found out a long time ago was there is no shortage of kittens looking for you. My surprise cat is very loving and appreciates her new home, but I never actually went looking for one to replace the one I had lost.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote