Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #11 
ismintis

I think the clothing toys are fine :) Just make sure there are no buttons or loose strings that the cats can eat...my other cat Milo seems to eat everything D:

Another interesting fact, (I seem to know too much about cats sorry) is that some cats like my Milo can smell a product in plastic. It's called 'tallow' that is made out of rendered animal fat. It is not a very known thing or even scientifically proven; but too many cats seem to eat plastic bags and wrappers. So I would keep a look out for plastic wrappers of any kind that people leave around at the shelter just in case. I hope this has helped!
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #12 
ismintis

And I forgot to read the very first post, but just to clarify...cats may eat the stomach of their prey but it doesn't mean they eat the plants.
A mouse for example is manly herbivorous, so its stomach content is just fermented vegetable matter. It is a mix of bacteria (symbiotic) and fatty acids (volatile). This can help aid in the management of the cat's own intestinal flora, and might contribute a little to the cats energy source. But it will lose ninety percent of its energy because it has moved up a trophic level, so it doesn't add very much energy. Just thought that might be interesting to know as well since I am a biology nerd...
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #13 
Skyewillow

Cooked chicken (no seasonings) are also a good treat for cats.

LTB, I have some scrap fleece that i could possibly send your way if you want it. I have some patterns and that will catch their attention, and colors that will catch potential adopters' eyes to draw attention to the cats. ;) let me know.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

Thanks for the information about the prey's belly! I hardly search up cats' and their behaviors, usually only their breeds and history of the specifics. ^^"

Thanks, Skye! My parents won't want me to tell people my address just to help the shelter, but I made around 14 toys so that should be okay! (: It's quite small, so it should be okay.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #15 
Skyewillow

I know how that goes.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #16 
Beezu

my cat LOVES pipecleaners. i bend the very ends over so they arent sharp and then just wrap it around my finger so its a coil.

ive never met a cat who didnt enjoy playing with a pipecleaner.
Beezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #17 
Beezu

also you could make felt fishes with loose catnip in the middle

do you crochet? there are TONS of patterns for cat toys if you crochet. even if you dont know very much about crochet.

i crochet simple cat beds for my local shelters
Beezu is offline   Reply With Quote