Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #1 
Lena N

Dying Betta from store, please heelp to revive

I was in store yesterday, wanted to buy a new plant for tank and saw this poor guy on a shelf not doing good. I asked if the could give me this guy so I could try to save him as I have pretty all medicine at home. Manager there is ver kind person (I saw her before there) and she let me take him for free in hope I can help him.
I have Epson salt, Aq salt, Paraguard, General parasite med, Fungus clear I even have Quick Cure which ingridient is formalin.

I called this boy Noodle. So please if you can advise anything to help Noodle, he would appretiate it a lot.

Noodle is still alive but he stays at surfase all the time from time to time getting some air. His fins all glued all together so when he swims he can use only pectoral fins. Of course he does not eat.
It loks he has two small holes in his had, but I do not know maybe white Bettas all have those holes.
His swim bladder a little bit swallen.
Please look at pictures.
Thank you for trying to help in advonce Name:  2013-07-23_103811.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  2013-07-23_103826.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  2013-07-23_103838.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  49.9 KB
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

If there aren't any visible injuries or rot, then warm clean water will be best.
The holes are normal, for bettas who have thicker scales than others. The warmth of the water will make sure his fins won't be clamped anymore, kudos to you for saving him! (: If you can, lowering the water level to make it shallow will be easier for him. Also cover the tank with saran clear wrap with tiny holes to keep in the humidity, that will help his labyrinth.

The bump there is normal, once he starts to eat it will go away.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #3 
NeptunesMom

As LebronTheBetta said, warm clean water is your biggest ally in helping sick Betta. I wouldn't worry about him not eating right now. He is clearly not feeling well. Once he starts to get some color back, he'll be better.

ETA: His eye does look slightly swollen to me. Maybe, you should consider adding a bit of ES to his tank.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #4 
Lena N

Thank you both! He doesnt have any injure. I put him in clearn water to float in cap in tank. Doing 100% WC every day. I keep temp 78 in my tank righ now. Is it enogh?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #5 
SerenaRena
Banned

I hope the little guy makes it. I Agree with everyone else that the warm water will help. Goodluck
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #6 
sassyfriend

I am glad you where able to rescue him and I love the name Noodle. By the way where is the swimming bladder located?
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

That's good. (: I would boost up the temperature to 80F, in this case.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #8 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
I am glad you where able to rescue him and I love the name Noodle. By the way where is the swimming bladder located?
near tale? he is pretty skinny...very flat exept this swim bladder
Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #9 
jord388

Im in no way an expert but from what ive read you should put the temp up to 80 as lebron said because it promotes faster healing. I think as long as he is in warm clean water he should do fine, oh and maybe add some stress coat, that stuff works all kinds of wonders :)
jord388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #10 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord388 View Post
Im in no way an expert but from what ive read you should put the temp up to 80 as lebron said because it promotes faster healing. I think as long as he is in warm clean water he should do fine, oh and maybe add some stress coat, that stuff works all kinds of wonders :)
thank you jord388! I always use stress coat for water now (thanks to lilnaugrim). I added temp, hopt he will like it. I wonder what made his fins to glue together and why they became like wooden?