Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #1 
Rjlupin

Question Remus missing a scale - how concerned should I be? (Pic)

Ok, before I start, I'm on my phone because my computer is broken. Remus is my first betta, but not my first fish. He's in a cycled 10 gallon (not planted yet but he has a marimo). Last night he seems to have lost a scale doing who knows what. He's highly active and swims like a crazy person when he sees me. I'll do a test on all his in tank decor, but how worried should I be about the missing scale? This was the only pic I could get of him holding still. There was some fin damage near the top from moving ( the friend I adopted him from says he swam under a rock as she was moving it ) but it's already growing back, the black edge is his coloring. He's a butterfly betta. The external filter has a very weak intake. I keep his tank at 78-80, and the pH is normal. He's still relatively small.

[/url] (if this link doesn't work, just click it, it was a pain to upload from my phone)

Also, I'm new here and there is probably a better way to post but ill figure it out as I go. My phone doesn't like this format very much.
Rjlupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #2 
Rjlupin

Sorry for the large image. I tried to edit but it has been longer than 20 mins.
Rjlupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #3 
10asartin

It isn't anything to worry about, just keep the water clean and warm. No meds necessary
10asartin is offline   Reply With Quote