Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #11 
Lena N

bettas tail fins appear to be stuck together with super glue
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

The fins are clamped. They're not glued or anything. As said before, clean warm water will fix his issue.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #13 
Juditko

You might want to be extra careful on the acclimation on the 100 percent water changes daily. I'm no expert but I've read other places that those can get stressful. I'm sure he appreciates the help!!
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #14 
BETTACHKALOVE

Sorry guys i kind of have diffident idea.He is not looking healthy at all. So be careful do not share anything between him and your other fish.
I would have him in aquarium salt. Aquarium salt has antibacterial affect and also will balance his electrolytes level.
And since he might has some kind of infection i would not do the water 80*. 76-78 is good enough. The bacteria thrive and multiply faster in the warmer water.
I don't know but it my opinion.Sometimes salt helps a lot and it will not hurt him in any way. Or at least if he is not better in a few days may be then treat him with salt. But hopefully he will survive. I think if he will get better then Lena will probobly see the improvement .
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #15 
Tikibirds

its possible his condition is caused by poor water conditions from the store you got him in. I believe when fins look like they are melted together - its generally called fin melt.

Just keep his water clean and as long as there is nothing else wrong, he should improve.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #16 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Sorry guys i kind of have diffident idea.He is not looking healthy at all. So be careful do not share anything between him and your other fish.
I would have him in aquarium salt. Aquarium salt has antibacterial affect and also will balance his electrolytes level.
And since he might has some kind of infection i would not do the water 80*. 76-78 is good enough. The bacteria thrive and multiply faster in the warmer water.
I don't know but it my opinion.Sometimes salt helps a lot and it will not hurt him in any way. Or at least if he is not better in a few days may be then treat him with salt. But hopefully he will survive. I think if he will get better then Lena will probobly see the improvement .
You are right BETTACHKALOVE he is not doing good, I think he got worse today, his pectoral fins glued together too and kind of red colour appears on his head. As to me itlooks like rots alive. Started to treat him whith Maracyn 2 as I saw one guy in internet had similar problem and exactly Maracyn 2 helped him. I am afraid he has only couple days left though...
Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #17 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
its possible his condition is caused by poor water conditions from the store you got him in. I believe when fins look like they are melted together - its generally called fin melt.

Just keep his water clean and as long as there is nothing else wrong, he should improve.
Does not look that he will improve just from clearn water. Esspecially I do not know for how long he has not eaten. He looks very skinny.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #18 
Namialus

ParaGuard is quite gentle and it works on a lot of things, perhaps some of that will help. Otherwise I am not sure.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #19 
Lena N

Poor Noodle did not make it. He passed away last night. Thank you, everybody, who tried to help.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #20 
jord388

Sorry for the loss, you did everything you could and im sure his last few days were his happiest
jord388 is offline   Reply With Quote