Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #1 
cowboy

Pet smart Betta

I saw a beautiful betta, I watched him for a half hour. He wasn't exactly in the best of health. Darting for air, gulping like crazy, wouldn't open his tail, mouldy food etc etc. they were charging 10 bucks. I have 3 already and would have had to buy him a new set up but I brought him to the mgr and explained how he was. I offered to buy him at the regular vt price and they refused. He said they just got him in. Really mouldy food from one day? I said he needs his water changed and medicine? He just took the cup and put him back. I feel really bad I left them, why they didn't give a damn I can't understand. I suppose I will be back to check on him.

It sure would be nice to be able to comfortably afford them all

Last edited by cowboy; 07-23-2013 at 07:19 PM.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #2 
LizbethDawn

I don't know about other states but this is the law for CA
597l. Pet shops.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person who operates a pet shop to fail to do all of the following:

(1) Maintain the facilities used for the keeping of pet animals in a sanitary condition.

(2) Provide proper heating and ventilation of the facilities used for the keeping of pet animals.

(3) Provide adequate nutrition for, and humane care and treatment of, all pet animals under his care and control.

(4) Take reasonable care to release for sale, trade or adoption only those pet animals which are free of diseases or injuries.

(5) Provide adequate space appropriate to the size, weight and specie of pet animal.

(b) As used in this section:

(1) "Pet animals" means dogs, cats, monkeys, and other primates, rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, snakes, iguanas, turtles and any other species of animal sold or retained for the purpose of being kept as a household pet.

(2) "Pet shop" means every place or premises where pet animals are being kept for the purpose of either wholesale or retail sale. "Pet shop" does not include any place or premises where pet animals are occasionally sold.

(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine of not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 90 days, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

If we could get someone to care they are actually breaking the law. It's just getting someone to care.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #3 
cowboy

Thanks for this you have given me the idea to look up the Canadian law. I've thought about this all night. I'm going to try and find someone who will buy him. I just don't have the room nor the extra money right now.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote