Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, it can be risky posting to a bunch of strangers, no doubt. That's why I always get nervous when people ask for advice about anything non-fish related on the forum.
Being accepting of other's values and decisions is probably one of the most important things in life in order for us to get along, but it is definitely hard to throw yourself out there.

Frogs are so weird. Cold blooded animals, you can't even tell when they're sick half the time!
I lost my favourite frog (Atilla) and my albino ADF a day apart last week. I dunno what happened either, though Atilla's back foot had filled with blood somehow, the other frog seemed fine. I just have The Hun left now.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #12 
LinkLover

Yea, I have never had good luck with putting myself out there and being honest, and yet I keep talking... Haha.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hate it when you don't know what happened, because then you don't know if it's something you could have prevented. By the way, I love their names. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #13 
LinkLover

Ugh. My mood has taken a serious nosedive. I hate depression, I really do. It's like no matter what is going on in your life you are miserable, and hate everything. Nothing makes you happy, you don't have energy to do anything, and you want to just be alone all the time despite the fact that you are incredibly lonely. None of it makes any sense. I have been living like this for eight years now, and after hearing "it gets better" a million times with no results, you really want to just give up. The only reason I am getting out of bed every day is because I have to take care of my daughter. Otherwise I don't think I'd ever move. This is such a weight to carry, and I'm getting so tired of going through this from the second I wake up until the second I fall asleep. I really don't want to do this anymore...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #14 
Fenghuang

I've heard that saying plenty of times too (just last night actually) and I admit I'm a bit cynical these days. All I can say is to try to take it one step at a time. Baby steps. There will be good days, there will be bad days, and there will be flat out awful days. No matter what kind of day a day is, remember that it will eventually pass. Find things that you can be thankful for. Little things. List them. Commit them to memory. Do not forget that there are people that love you and support you and need you and will be devastated and hurt if you went away. Don't take yourself away from them.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 07-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #15 
LinkLover

I know, no serious problem can be fixed overnight, or even in a relatively short period of time. One of my biggest issues is definitely thinking of things to be thankful for. If someone asks me what I'm thankful for, I can always give a decent list, but on my own it never crosses my mind. Yea, there are people who would miss me, and don't want anything to happen to me (they tell me all the time), and while that makes me feel good, part of me also feels irritated. It makes me feel like I'm living for everyone else, and not for myself, like I'm obligated to sit through this every day because they want me to. I know that sometimes you have to do that in order to get to the point where you're doing things for yourself, but I haven't gotten there yet and it's been quite a while. I have ALWAYS needed to please people, so every choice I make, from what movie to watch to how to live my life, is based on what others want. Sometimes I just want to do what I want to do, but usually it doesn't work out, since the things I want to do usually aren't constructive. It's a dilemma.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #16 
Fenghuang

Part of being human is just that... Other humans. We all have people we want to please. I don't think your family and friends deep down want you to feel like you are trapped in a place in life that you hate and resent. They want you to be happy. If doing something makes you feel genuinely good, go for it (within reason, of course).
Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #17 
LinkLover

Darn those humans! :P As much as I like to please people, I'm not generally a huge fan of them. Haha. But I do know they want me to be happy, and don't want this to be my life forever. They all make such a huge effort to help me, which I appreciate, it's just hard when there isn't much that they can realistically do for me. Ha, that's the problem, everything I want to do isn't something I should be doing. Although pets are probably the only thing I like that isn't terrible to indulge myself with. Unless of course you end up being overrun by them. But we have downsized quite extensively the last few months (unexpected deaths/tank rearranging) leaving some potential empty space...
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #18 
Fenghuang

What do you want to do? If it's not rude to ask that question...
Old 07-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 
LinkLover

I'll sum it up and make it forum appropriate by saying "party". Hahaha. My problem is that when I get upset I become very self destructive, which is obviously not something I should be doing, especially now that I'm a mom.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #20 
Fenghuang

Ahhh...

No, harming yourself is never a good idea. And you will just feel worse afterwards.