Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #41 
LinkLover

Thank you for taking your time to read my rambling and make suggestions. I do understand what you're saying, and I do try to do that sometimes. Usually I just get so overwhelmed that I almost can't think, I just feel whatever yucky stuff I'm feeling at the moment. Sometimes I grab a pillow and yell into it so I can't hear her crying for a few seconds, and usually that helps, even if it just relieves some stress for that moment. Today I did better than I have been the past few weeks, mostly because I feel so guilty that I get mad at a little person who can't talk or communicate any other way than crying.

Haha, if only. I always tell my husband that if Link were real, he wouldn't stand a chance. Hahaha.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #42 
Pandoras

Oh good, I made sense! ^.^ my suggestion then is to pick a few things to condition yourself to take that opportunity to switch gears. I don't know what those would be, but there has the be a few things you can do.

Ha, xD
Pandoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #43 
LinkLover

Yes definitely. I respond really well to routines, even though I get bored of it sometimes. But when I know exactly what's going to happen, I feel more in control of the situation and less anxious. Maybe I just need to figure out a few things that actually make me feel better, even just a little bit, so I have something I can turn to when I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #44 
LinkLover

So yesterday we decided to move Terror (my husband's King Betta) into the ten gallon to give him more length. Of course that left an empty space in the divided twenty gallon. Me and my husband went down to our local fish store to see what plants we wanted for the ten gallon, and also possibly get a new addition to my tank. My husband got ten more Neon Tetras for his tank (a very beautiful 29 gallon) and some plants for Terror. As for me... I was still stuck between the two Betta I have been wanting to get. After much debating, I ended up deciding on the blue Veiltail who I felt needed to come with me most. Sometime today I'll post in the "Betta Pictures" section. He is quite a lovely color of blue, and seems to have already settled into his new home. I don't have a name for him yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon. Unfortunately, even though I'm really happy I helped him out, I still can't get that Crowntail out of my head...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #45 
LinkLover

Exciting news for the day: My daughter is getting her first tooth! Finally we have an explanation for her awful mood the past month. Hopefully as soon as it gets all the way through her gums, she'll be happier.

I think for the next few days I'm going to do a "spotlight" of sorts on one of my pets, since I have never really talked about any of them in detail. I'm going to start with my very best friend, V:

Name:  vlovessocks.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  25.8 KB

This picture isn't the clearest, but I love it. :) He has one of my husband's socks in his mouth, which is pretty much his favorite thing ever, even though he has a million toys. He is a Pug/Chihuahua mix, and we adopted him about two and a half years ago. When you play with him, he can run around and be crazy for hours, but if you're sitting, he will do the same and can sleep all day if you let him. He is one of the laziest dogs I know. But that's ok, cause I'm lazy too. :P Unfortunately he suffers from severe separation anxiety, so he can't be left alone or he'll whine forever and we end up with angry notes on our door. So, if we go anywhere we can't take him, he gets a babysitter. Usually that's my mom, who he knows as Grandma, and we can't say her name around him if she's not there cause he'll go NUTS. We always have to spell it out or say "G-ma" instead. He knows how to sit, lay down, shake, jump, woof, leave it, stay, and drop it (to a certain extent). I love him SO much, and don't know what I would do without him.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #46 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
Exciting news for the day: My daughter is getting her first tooth! Finally we have an explanation for her awful mood the past month. Hopefully as soon as it gets all the way through her gums, she'll be happier.

I think for the next few days I'm going to do a "spotlight" of sorts on one of my pets, since I have never really talked about any of them in detail. I'm going to start with my very best friend, V:

Attachment 183345

This picture isn't the clearest, but I love it. :) He has one of my husband's socks in his mouth, which is pretty much his favorite thing ever, even though he has a million toys. He is a Pug/Chihuahua mix, and we adopted him about two and a half years ago. When you play with him, he can run around and be crazy for hours, but if you're sitting, he will do the same and can sleep all day if you let him. He is one of the laziest dogs I know. But that's ok, cause I'm lazy too. :P Unfortunately he suffers from severe separation anxiety, so he can't be left alone or he'll whine forever and we end up with angry notes on our door. So, if we go anywhere we can't take him, he gets a babysitter. Usually that's my mom, who he knows as Grandma, and we can't say her name around him if she's not there cause he'll go NUTS. We always have to spell it out or say "G-ma" instead. He knows how to sit, lay down, shake, jump, woof, leave it, stay, and drop it (to a certain extent). I love him SO much, and don't know what I would do without him.
Aw! V sounds adorable!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #47 
LinkLover

Thank you. :) He is rather cute, and definitely quite the unique little guy. His only fault is that when he's excited, he doesn't listen to ANYTHING you have to say. No matter what you want him to do/stop doing, it's not going to happen. Hahaha.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #48 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Thank you. :) He is rather cute, and definitely quite the unique little guy. His only fault is that when he's excited, he doesn't listen to ANYTHING you have to say. No matter what you want him to do/stop doing, it's not going to happen. Hahaha.
That's how Herbie was, and how my current dog, Lucky is. As soon as he gets excited all commands go out the door!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #49 
LinkLover

Haha it's so true! No matter how well trained they are, get them excited and all of a sudden they don't know anything. What kind of dogs were/are they?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #50 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Haha it's so true! No matter how well trained they are, get them excited and all of a sudden they don't know anything. What kind of dogs were/are they?
Herbie was a Lab/Boxer/Pit Bull mix, and he actually had the classes for training.

Lucky is supposedly a Pit Bull mix, but my mom and I think he's more of an American Bull Dog mix--regardless, we love him! He's had no classes, and he only knows sit & down right now, but he's a smart cookie...too smart!