Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #1 
Indigo Betta

Smile Stick Insects

My 2 giant spiny stick insects Jack and Jill enjoying the garden they love eating grass
Attached Images

Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2 
mybabyjets

they are soo cool, i love them
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #3 
ismintis

I used to have the little stick bugs when I was in elementary school :) What started out as three became thirty...and the babies escaped into my bedroom because they could fit through the cage holes, not very fun waking up to lots of tiny bugs crawling on my face xD
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Your Stick insects are so awesome, thanks for sharing your photos of Jack and Jill with us Indigo love them !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #5 
Indigo Betta

Thank You :) I like sharing them
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #6 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismintis View Post
I used to have the little stick bugs when I was in elementary school :) What started out as three became thirty...and the babies escaped into my bedroom because they could fit through the cage holes, not very fun waking up to lots of tiny bugs crawling on my face xD
I'm sorry, that made me laugh. I once had baby ducks and they escaped and I woke up with one snuggled in bed with me. I still don't know how it climbed up in my bed. But, that's the most bizarre thing I've had get in my bed, and it was snuggly not crawly. How did you round them all up?
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #7 
ismintis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I'm sorry, that made me laugh. I once had baby ducks and they escaped and I woke up with one snuggled in bed with me. I still don't know how it climbed up in my bed. But, that's the most bizarre thing I've had get in my bed, and it was snuggly not crawly. How did you round them all up?
No worries. Looking back on it, it was a pretty humorous situation. But in that moment I was really grossed out and was flailing around worried they were in my hair. (Mind you I was only 11 or so)

At the time I also had an indoor/outdoor cat that easily ate the ones I couldn't get. Only a couple got out before my mom put some saran wrap with tiny holes around the openings. I was the kind of kid that liked creepy crawly things...as long as there was a barrier so they couldn't get me.

I think the only time I really freaked out was when my mice (also had two fancy mice that year) almost ate one that stumbled in their cage. I loved my mice more than anything and I was so worried I think I killed the bug. (The last live creature I on purposely killed was in third grade, aside from this moment.) I think if I ever get insects again they will be bigger and in a correct environment that does not allow escape...
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #8 
percyfyshshelley

Those stickies are awesome!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote