Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #11 
froglady

Hes beautiful he looks so happy to have a new home.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #12 
Campbell

I went last night to get some live plants, and I almost bought this little pink female. She was seriously about this big ------. I would have if one of my friends hadn't been with me saying I was a creepy betta freak. Haha.... but if she's still there next time I might have to give in. So I know how you feel.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

You should go back and get her! lol Can't you tell I'm addicted?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #14 
Ariel1719

aww yah you should go back and get her =D
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #15 
whitedevil

Thats funny, I did the same thing after work, went in to burn some time and get a new peppered cory cat....came home with big red.

he was not the prettiest but he sure was the one who caught me eye

twenty minutes later here is big red.

I will make my own tread with clearer pics but the day after I got BIG RED, i went to another LFS well LPS, no fish stuff, he had his last 4 bettas, one was royal blue with an iridescent white half bottom fin, so it was a blue/white fin on a solid blue fish, Oh he was gorgeous but alas I only got a 26g so I couldnt subject them to fighting for no good reason to us but the reason of life and death to the two.

This is like my 5th post maybe idk but is this a betta specailized forum?

I got alot to share an learn on bettas,an am greatful of this forum being here with a siamese specific sub-forum, thank you.

This is the 2nd community betta Ive kept, the 5yr old just passed in his 10g communit, he was in the 26g before I remodeled my house. These are by far one of the most misunderstood fish with the most miseducation about them out there. When I got BIG RED, there was another customer there and she commented on my method of picking bettas( colorlife bulb or a 50/50 depending which one I can use at the store i at the store I am shopping at), i was polite like I always am to strangers, made small talk, then she asked me infront of the assoicate what does his bowl look like, I took looked her dead in the eye, said ma'am, I dont keep fish in a bowl, its not something I eat for food. I said and pulled out my digicam this is his new home.

She looked puzzled, and said a community? yep, and they prosper and live longer, better color, better appitite, ideal water conditions( monsoon floods are where bettas thrive, not rice paddy puddles.) she said thanks, took my number to call me with questions and she got one that day too, her fish were highly compatible( no finny fish) and havnt heard from her since so no news is good news.

The miseducation of these associates( not LFS privately owned) is astounding, even with fish in general, its quite disturbing.

This is a list of his tank-mates,
3 black kuhlis
3 peppered cories
6 neons
6 mixed tetras
1 angel

I just lost one of my angels, my double blusher
and gave away my rainbow shark because he was constantly violently attacking a single kuhli.

yes he does have established territory, the tetras just like to get him to chase them out and another 2-3 tetras run in the backside and wait for him to turn around and do it all over again. its kinda funny, cause he never wins but never gives up. They do have alot of charcater when in a community tank as well, they love the angels, never chase them and always swim with them. doesnt mind the 3 kuhli loaches just beating him in the face all night long when they are doing whatever in the world they do, I call it something but I cant say it here.

Thanks for letting me blow some steam.

Last edited by whitedevil; 04-26-2009 at 10:03 AM.
whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #16 
whitedevil

Twenty minutes to me is like an hour/hour and 15 minutes. I got my own time zone for some reason, just used to saying that and finishing a project before I start a new one.
whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #17 
Ariel1719

wow those sure are beautiful!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #18 
QueenStinger

OMG he's so cute!!! i love the fins :D

some bettas in a local pet store here live in already yellowish water, and it just saddens me.
QueenStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #19 
sunkissedinCA

looove his colors!
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #20 
rockstar26

he is absolutely beautiful...
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote