Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #1 
Campbell

Exclamation My 5 gallon tank is leaking!

I brought home a female betta yesterday with intentions of keeping her in my 5 gallon. The tank had been sitting in the garage for a while, and it now continuously leaks. I can't tell where it's coming from either, but I know it's not the filter or pump. I have to work after school everyday until saturday, so unless I fix the leak she will have to stay in a 1 gallon bowl until then. Is there anything I can do to make this temporary home more suitable?
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Just keep the water clean and the bowl in a warm place and she should be fine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #3 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
I brought home a female betta yesterday with intentions of keeping her in my 5 gallon. The tank had been sitting in the garage for a while, and it now continuously leaks. I can't tell where it's coming from either, but I know it's not the filter or pump. I have to work after school everyday until saturday, so unless I fix the leak she will have to stay in a 1 gallon bowl until then. Is there anything I can do to make this temporary home more suitable?
Yeah, she's going to be fine especially if it is only a day or two. You see Bettas living in offices and the like with much less, often for months and occasionally even years. Just stay on top of water cleaning like it says above and I would recommend getting a small heater if she's going to have to be in there for more than a few days.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote