Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #1 
CritterNut

Funny Story...

When I got Houdini I also got a little crowntail, who was a bit of a surprise. I didn't realize the seller was sending me a freebie! So I hurriedly came up with a makeshift "tank" for the little fish. I got a fish bowl we'd been keeping on a table filled with seashells, and I emptied it and washed it out. Then I added a few little rocks, filled the bowl with distilled water, and I added a plant from my tropical tank to help balance the water and such. I also rinsed and added a few big seashells. Once I tested the water, I placed the fish in the bowl, and after letting the temps adjust I released him into the little habitat. He's been living happily in the bowl, which holds about 1.5 gallons, and I've been doing frequent water changes to keep everything in order.

This morning, I was going around to my betta tanks and feeding everybody. When I got to his tank, he was nowhere to be found! I was panicked, wondering if one of my father's cats had gotten into the room and eaten him. So I started turning the bowl in a circle, searching for the little crowntail.

All of a sudden, he swims up, right out of one of the seashells! Like a hermit crab! Apparently he's taken to sleeping inside one of the larger shells. It scared me half to death, but its really funny! Maybe I'll put seashells in my other tanks to see if my other bettas want little sleeping huts.

Any ideas for a name for him? I still haven't thought one up!
CritterNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #2 
LinkLover

What about Sheldon? :P Super corny, but hey, he likes shells! You should try to get a picture of him in one. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 
CritterNut

I will try! I was actually thinking of naming one of my big ears Sheldon! Because he's so grumpy and I'm really into The Big Bang Theory! Lol! But I might rethink him, because that WOULD be funny for this crowntail!
CritterNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #4 
LinkLover

Well whatever you think fits is what you should go with, since you know your fishies better than anyone else. I've never seen that show, but my mom loves it. Haha. I really hope you can get a picture, I know how hard it can be to get these guys to sit still!
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #5 
karenluvsbettas623

LOL that's hilarious, how cute!
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote