Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #1 
FishyFloorzack

Angry NEW Petsmart.

I know some people think i might be over reacting but i need everyone to read this. So July 13th i went to this new Petsmart in Milford, CT. Brand new just opened. This employee took one of the Betta fish off a 3 stacked high hanger. Full with Bettas dead and alive. So he took one pink female off the rack and put her on his desk in front of all the fish tanks and bettas. July 24th, yesterday i went back to return sand i bought, she was still in a cup. Dead. No fins, white, and floating. Man was i mad. So i just kept saying "WOAH THAT ONE IS STILL ALIVE? WHAT A SURPRISE" (to this other bettas that were some how alive.) I'm never ever ever buying ANYTHING from any store ever again. I'm so insanely man. I hope all you think about doing the same.
FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #2 
bettacollectR
Banned

calm down.... bettas die. it happens. i bet your pissed at God because he let that betta die......
bettacollectR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #3 
Lamb

Don't listen to that... person... she is obviously upset at the world and was banned. I'm sorry the fish died... some of the bigger chains hire employees that don't necessarily have the best interests of the animals and fish at heart. If you can, try to find a ma and pa shop to purchase your betta from. But even then there are no guarantees. The banned member was one of "those" people who like to keep fish in cups. So again, don't listen to them.

Also try the classifieds! You can get some great deals from some great breeders. Just got a shipment in from Chard56 and he has the prettiest girls! I have some little yellow, purple, and silver females from him and they are soooo gorgeous and healthy! :)
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #4 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
PetSMART? more like PetDUMB.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #5 
shellieca

I won't even look at the Bettas or any of their fish any more, none of the Petsmart's or Petco's I've gone to are very good aquarist.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #6 
Jersieelizbeth

Id find an aquarium store instead of a petstore
they're usually better with bettas
but complain to the petsmart manager
And if not say you would like the information on how to speak to their boss
because that's just not right
Jersieelizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #7 
FishyFloorzack

God has nothing to do with this.
But boy did that really tick me off.
I'm buying online from stores that do care... :-/
FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #8 
Sokkasmom

I will admit that for the first few months after our petco opened their fish section was the WORST i have ever seen! and they were selling sick fish and everything. i complained to the managment, and they actually hired some intelligent people to work there now. The bettas are still in cups... but they cant really change that (or so they say.. i have ideas on how to change that) but all the other fish look good. Complain to the manager if you see something wrong with the fish in the store. dont just go home and cry about it on the internet. From the original post i gather that you did NUTHING in the store, and instead came home to whine and state your opinion online. Stand up for the fishys that cant talk for themselves!
Sokkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #9 
shannonpwns

Not everyone is outgoing enough to say something to pet shop managers...
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #10 
countyrd419

I know that my PetSmart in Oviedo, FL do care for their bettas and other fishes. I have seen them first hand cleaning the tanks and giving all the fishes fresh water and conditioners.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote