Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #1 
Sylverlilly

Betta hammock yuckies

I was looking at it today after the water change. Wish I saw it first. It had all his, clear flaky goo type stuff around the suction cup tip. So I pulled it out of the tank and he flaky clear tuff went flying -.- I got some out with his cup. So I was going to wash it hen I saw the tiny metal tip that goes into the unction cup tip. Damn leaf had he wire anyway. I ended up chucking it annoyed. Went back to see tank and my little guys giving me these forlorn, "where's my leaf, Ma?" looks. Of course he is. Fgs. Going to clean out some water tomorrow. The stuff looked harmless jut gross. :/
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Go make one. Not even kidding. Pull a fabric leaf from a dollar-store plant, and (though hot glue sometimes works...) seal it to a suction cup. It's stupid simple, plus you can pick the size and color and look YOU want
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #3 
Sylverlilly

Oh that's a great idea. Provided I can avoid wire type leaves. The hot glue is safe to use? I can tell he is kind of looking for it. I even have an extra section cup which is clean from these stained glass sun catchers I bought.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #4 
JamieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Go make one. Not even kidding. Pull a fabric leaf from a dollar-store plant, and (though hot glue sometimes works...) seal it to a suction cup. It's stupid simple, plus you can pick the size and color and look YOU want
Wow. That's amazing. Im going to make multiple hammocks for my tanks, my fish love them!!
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #5 
Skyewillow

yea, the only problem I've ever had with hot glue, is sometimes it pops off of what you want it to glue together. It's AQ safe though.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #6 
alwaysaBettaLover

Yeah I have a betta leaf too, but the tip inside the suction cup is black from *ugh* whatever is growing in there. Stupid metal. I would make one, but I don't want to chunk the one I have now, because I'm having money issues :/
Granted my fish don't really care TOO much for the hammocks maybe I will...

Last edited by alwaysaBettaLover; 07-28-2013 at 10:14 PM.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #7 
RiceFish

You can actually take out the metal wire by pulling on them with some tweezers or pliers. The hammock will still stand without the metal wire.
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #8 
Sylverlilly

I destroyed it trying to get the wire out, lol. :/ I have a glue gun so I will attempt a homemade hammock for him. If I can make a decent one he will get it back. If not, geez hope he finds somewhere to hang out lol. he never really laid fully on it but he was there all the time, lightly hovering over it. now he keeps swimming to that corner, like he keeps checking for it. sigh lol.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #9 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you floated a nice size (5 leaves) Anubias in there. See which one they prefer.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #10 
Polkadot

I have home-made leaf hammocks for my little boys,I bought a big leafed silk plant & cut off 2 leaves each leaving some of the stem,I then placed them on top of each other & tied the stems in 2 knots about a centimetre apart & trimmed off the end of the stem.I then placed the stem part between the knots in the grip part of a suction cup which holds them perfectly.My little boys love them! I have even seen little Button sitting between his 2 leaves like a blanket.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote