*mutter grumble asdfjshfdspringwatersaljsdjaliesssssss*
Okay, guys, please get this through your heads : Spring water is an advertising gimmick. Water that comes out of springs is not "Omg crystal clean and safe!" No.
No no no.
Spring water is generally extremely high in TDS (total dissolved solids aka dirt and minerals) and has lots and lots of things living in it. If they took it straight out of a spring, stuck it in a bottle and you drank it you'd have dissentary quicker than I could find a stick to shake at you. And there's a bo staff sitting behind me I could shake at you.
"Spring water" is chemically treated just like the water you get out of your tap. In fact, in my case, it IS the water I get out of my tap, because I live in Florida, and that "spring water" comes from Florida aquafirs, which is also where the wells that we get our local tap water draw from. Many of those bottled water companies bottle the water locally. It isn't from a spring guys, not directly. It's from a tap. That tap? It has local city or county water in it. It's been run through a plant, it's been filtered, it's been treated with chlorine (or chloramine).
The one saving grace that hasn't killed more people's fish using bottled 'spring water' for their fish tanks is the fact that chlorine evaporates. Yeah, that's right, water will dechlorinate itself if you leave it to sit exposed to the air. Bottled 'spring water' is normally left to sit long enough in a bottle on a shelf that the chlorine in it breaks down and dissapates. But guess what? You could get some water out of your tap, leave it to sit for a day in a bucket, and it would do exactly the same thing. Shocking, I know. Also, bear in mind that that chlorine was acting to makes sure things that got in that water died. No more chlorine = no more anti-bacterial agent = some funky stuff growing in your water.
You are far, far better off just using the water straight out of your tap and using that money you saved from buying bottled water to get a good dechlorinator.