Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #1 
lillyandquigly

Kitten log:)

So sometime this week I am getting two kittens. One is an orange male, I am going to call him Romeo. The other one is silver (I think) and I'm naming him Houdini. As soon as I get them I'll post pics:)
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #2 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Aww they sound adorable! I really like the names, I'm pretty bad with coming up with good names.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #3 
registereduser

sweet! from a shelter?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #4 
lillyandquigly

Not from a shelter, I have some friends with free ones, and they're already outside cats so they'll be used to it when they're older. I am so beyond excited! I might be getting them this Sunday!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #5 
lillyandquigly

Ok so everything is set up, now I just have to set up a date to get them;)
Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #6 
registereduser

Outside cats don't live as long as inside cats I hope you plan an early spay/neuter because outside cats also breed earlier than inside cats.

I also hope your friends plan on no more more litters.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #7 
lillyandquigly

Don't worry, we live out in the country and our outside cats generally live a looong time, we have one 8 year old and one twelve year old. I will be neutering both boys. Outside cats do tend to live a lot shorter of a life span in the city. Out here though, it seems to be about equal, and our outside cats seems happier, and equally healthy. But everybody has their opinion, I was just raised this way:)
Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #8 
registereduser

If you ever volunteered for a kill shelter you'd understand my angst. I also don't understand the concept of outside dogs and cats. I want to interact with them all the time, not just when I go outside. Do they ever go into the house?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #9 
lillyandquigly

WHen they sneak in they do. We only have no kill shelters in my area, and all of my neighbors know who's cats are who's and don't take them in, and unless there's a call made nobody comes up here to take animals. The reason we have outside only cats is because, 1. Our neighbors have hundreds of feral cats right by their house, so we need our cats to scare the others away. 2. If we don't have cats we have mice. 3. We already have two indoor only cats and they have a verrrry sensitive hierarchy, another cat coming in would upset it. 4. Our outside cats are aloud in one of our shops, and they have a special place to sleep and can go under the porch too. 5. They already were barn cats when we got them, so there's not really a point in keeping them inside when the only danger is coyotes, and that's only when they go miles away from our house, which they normally don't. (we never have cats get hit by cars up here). But thank you for thinking of my kitties safety:) I'm also outside nearly all day, so I interact with my outside animals a ton. Plus if we didn't have cats my chickens would probably be dead and I'm not even kidding
Old 07-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #10 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
Our neighbors have hundreds of feral cats right by their house, so we need our cats to scare the others away.
That is just crazy, I don't care how far out in the country you live. Disease can spread. Poor cats, domestic cats aren't meant to live like that. Your neighbors I mean. If you say your cats are happy safe and healthy then I believe you.

Oh well, at least we can keep our bettas safe, right?