Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #11 
Elisew

Hi hunnibeenikki 8)

The water is a constant 84 now and I always, always add conditioner to the water when I do water changes, I add conditioner for all 3 tanks I have.

I`m thinking that there may be a problem with Lamais` eyesight (trying to eradicate things as I go along) but I`m not 100% sure.
My fingers are crossed that Lamai will come out of himself, albeit slowly it`ll be good to enjoy the beautiful fish he is eventually. I guess it worries me more because Chimlin (my most recent Betta) is active all the time and he eats well

So you have a Betta too now? I`m glad yours is an active one, it`s great to see them swimming and flaring on occasion. I hope you get lots of enjoyment from yours.

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its pretty common for them to not eat when you first bring them home. Elisew, I'm glad Lamai is at least eating something. Maybe he'll be a little more active now that he's had a bit to eat.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #13 
Chicklet

If you get a real timid fish & you want them to come around quicker try a smaller tank such as a 1 gallon, give him a little something to hide behind,
But he can't go far to hide from you, By placing him in a larger tank Your giving his fear more power, Take it away by forcing him to be closer to you, Do more frequent water changes, He'll quickly see "you don't run from the hand that cares for you", He'll see you as a good thing. not something to hide from,

Some fish are more timid after living in a tiny cup, to all of a sudden being dropped into a hugh world, It can be a big scary deal for them,

once he's gotten accustomed to you, then move him up in tank size.

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-27-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. Good advice, Chicklet. They learn pretty quickly who feeds them and takes care of them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote