Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #11 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oakpaw~~~
"Today, we will be learning about our surroundings. We will follow the patrols that Firestorm has made, but we will stray from them." Speedstar says. My ears droop. " But that's so boring!" I whine, but a look from her silences me. I sigh. I thought when I became an apprentice, I would do more warrior stuff, but it's not much better than being a kit! How am I supposed to prove I am worthy of becoming a warrior, when we never do any fighting stuff?
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Speedstar ~~
"But that's so boring!" The orange apprentice complains. He silences, and then sighs. He follows me, just following the patrol. "There is more to being a warrior than just fighting," I start. I climb up a tree. "There's hunting.. Which makes the clan strong." I pounce on a nearby thrush and then go back to the floor. I bury it. "And there's Starclan." I sit. "They teach us to believe in what's right." Oakpaw nods and we carry on, following the patrol.

We come to the lake and stay there as the patrol nears the trees. "Now, what can you infer about the moors?"
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #13 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oakpaw~~~
"There is more to being a warrior than just fighting," Speedstar says sternly. She climbs up a tree."There's hunting.. Which makes the clan strong." she points out. Of course! One day I'm going to the best hunter, the best fighter, the best everything.... I drift off, daydreaming, absentmindedly agreeing with everything she says."Now, what can you infer about the moors?" she says, startling me. I squint at the moor. " Uh... twolegs have their nest here?" I say, hoping my answer was somewhat acceptable. I need to stop drifting off, I could miss something important.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Speedstar ~~
Oakpaw snaps awake. "Uh... twolegs have their nest here?" I shake my head. "Saying the obvious is a sign of weakness, unless it is for humor." I smile. "What else can you see? Dig deep; think of vegetation, lakes, what could you possibly find?" I pause. "After this, we can start one of the most important things you do as a clan cat." I sit down and wrap my tail over my paws.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #15 
rubinthebetta

Speedstar leaves me in charge of patrols, and I get them ready. A pure white she-cat catches my eye. "Iceflower! How are the kits?" I meow to the stunning cat. "Good," Iceflower replies, "though they are still mourning for the loss of Leafkit." The three kits were found trapped in a Twoleg trap a few days ago. We named the pretty cream one Starkit, the black one Thunderkit, and the tortoiseshell kit Leafkit. Sadly, Leafkit died when fever struck the clan. The other two are strong and healthy, though. Iceflower has acted as a substitute mother for the kits, and they love her.
------------------------------------------------------------------
And now I will create Iceflower.

Name: Iceflower
Position: clan member
Fur: pure white
Eyes: sapphire blue
Personality: kind, good with kits
Other: all the males like her

(Also, if anybody wants, positions for the kits are open)
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #16 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Smokeclaw ~~
I am stuck in the clan, just like the rest of the members.. Speedstar says we can't go out alone, since we don't know the dangers we could possibly face.

I'm in my den, sorting out the few herbs I have. "Poppy seeds, cobwebs, marigold, burdock roots.." I whisper, keeping track of the herbs. "Feverfew, borage, chervil, watermint.." I stop. "I need catmint." Catmint was the only medicine that could cure greencough, the most deadliest infection. Iceflower needs some feverfew for the kits. I place the herbs in the stocks, and grab some feverfew and head to the nursery.

"Hi, Iceflower." The she-cat turns her head. "I got some feverfew for your milk."
Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #17 
Happyhobbit

~~~Oakpaw~~~
"Saying the obvious is a sign of weakness, unless it is for humor," says Speedstar. She smiles. "What else can you see? Dig deep; think of vegetation, lakes, what could you possibly find?" Weak? I don't want to be weak! My eyes wander over the moor. " Well, um I see... bushes... with the berries, that foxes like..." I say hopelessly. I'll never become a proper warrior, Gingerheart already became a warrior, and so did some others a while ago!"After this, we can start one of the most important things you do as a clan cat." she sits down, and wraps her tail over her paws.

Another character!
Name: Silverclaw
Position: Warrior
Fur: Mostly grey, with white tips on tail
Eyes: Amber
Personality: Cranky, easily angered, has very little patience, though extremely loyal to clan

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 07-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Speedstar ~~
After I asked Oakpaw, he hesitates. "Well, um I see... bushes... with the berries, that foxes like..." I twitch my ears and say calmly, "Prey, Oakpaw." He nods, realizing that was what I meant. I make varieties of prey on the mud; drawing them with my claws.

"Mice, rabbits, birds.." I start. "Voles, moles, squirrels..." Oakpaw taps his tail impatiently. "What prey do you expect here? How will we achieve to get that prey? Here on the moor there is open space.. You must learn how the prey thinks, you must know how they act. That is the key to hunting them."
Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #19 
rubinthebetta

--Iceflower--
Smokeclaw comes and gives me some feverfew and I say, "Thanks, Smokeclaw. I'm glad the kits will be weaned soon." The kits are sleeping at the moment, so I have some time to myself. I love the kits, but sometimes it is very tiring to watch them all day. But still, they are sweet kits. I pause and think of the kits' personalities. Starkit is very calm, and a good leader. Thunderkit is very rambunctious and loves play fighting with the apprentices. I smile and go back to the nursery.

--Firestorm--
I go out hunting, in the birch grove. There seem to be plenty of birds there lately. I see a thrush, and I stalk it carefully. Then I spring, my powerful back legs launching me towards the bird. It begins to fly away, but I quickly put an end to it with a quick bite to the neck. I catch some more prey then head back to camp.

(In Iceflower's form, I meant to put warrior, not clan member. Brain burp. :P)
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Smokeclaw ~~
"Thanks, Smokeclaw. I'm glad the kits will be weaned soon." I purr. "No worries," Iceflower was my sister. It was natural for me to take care of her; especially if our brother, Snowfrost died. "As long as you don't fall for any males, you'll get rid of kits soon." I laugh.