Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #21 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oakpaw~~~
Speedstar twitches her ears."Prey, Oakpaw." she says. I nod. She draws varieties of different prey in the mud."Mice, rabbits, birds..voles, moles, squirrels..." I tap my tail impatiently. I really didn't know there was so much to catching prey, can't we get on to the good stuff?"What prey do you expect here? How will we achieve to get that prey? Here on the moor there is open space.. You must learn how the prey thinks, you must know how they act. That is the key to hunting them." she says calmly. " Uh... well birds... like berries, so... maybe... they'll go to.. the bush... to.. eat the berries... and then I can... attack...?" I give her a hopeful look and she sighs.
~~~Silverclaw~~~
I walk around the camp, then sigh. I might as well find some fresh-kill instead of just lazing around. I pad towards a river, hoping I can catch some prey meaning to take a drink. Sure enough, a blackbird is scooping up water with it's beak. I quietly wait in the bushes, then launch myself at it, and quickly give it a bite in the neck to finish it off. I sniff the air cautiously. I smell something... sour.. and musty, it must be fox. The smell isn't very fresh, but I'll let Firestorm or Speedstar know anyway. I head back to camp with my prey, then set it down in the fresh-kill pile. I see Firestorm. " Firestorm!" I call. She turns, and I say " There was a fox-scent by the river, not very fresh, but you might want to check it out."
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #22 
rubinthebetta

--Firestorm--
"Firestorm!"Silverclaw shouts. I turn my head to him and he says, "There was a fox-scent by the river, not very fresh, but you might want to check it out." I nod and say, "I'll get a patrol to check it out. It might be a good idea for you to come, so you can show us the exact spot you smelled it." He agrees I call together a small patrol. With Silverclaw in the lead, we head out.

--Iceflower--
"As long as you don't fall for any males, you'll get rid of kits soon." Smokeclaw laughs. "I don't really mind them that much," I say truthfully. "The kits or males?" Smokeclaw teases. I roll my eyes and smile.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Speedstar ~~
"Uh... well birds... like berries, so... maybe... they'll go to.. the bush... to.. eat the berries... and then I can... attack...?" I sigh. I shake my head. "You must have more confidence in yourself, Oakpaw." Oakpaw saddens. "Someday, you'll be a warrior. And if you don't have confidence, what then?" Oakpaw nods. "Come," I twitch my tail towards the trees. "We'll learn the hunting basics."
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #24 
rubinthebetta

--Iceflower--
I'm resting in the nursery when all of a sudden, a large striped figure looms in the entrance. A badger! "Help! Badger! Somebody!" I yowl. The kits and I need to get out of here, but we can't...
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #25 
charislynne

Name: Willowpaw
Position: Apprentice
Fur: brown with white paws
Eye: pale green
Personality: Loves adventure, but can be calm when needed and is eager to do what a warrior does.

I've got to join. Warriors are epic!
charislynne is offline   Reply With Quote