Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #11 
Kim

They are very beautiful!!

As a word of warning: I think I've seen those tanks before and there's something wrong with the gravel that pollutes the water. Is that gravel the stuff that came with it? That could be responsible for the death of one fish.

Oh, and often you can't see ammonia at all but it can be deadly to fish which is the reason that water that "looks" fine is not always fine at all. I'd try to upgrade the tanks to at least 2.5 gallons each, and until then do a water change at least every other day on the ones you have now. What temperature is the water? Bettas are tropical fish...
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #12 
veganchick

They can live in half gallon tanks for a little while, but they won't live nearly as long as they would in a larger tank. do you have a LARGE (20 gallon) breeding tank? Do you have tanks for 100 plus fry? Have you researched betta fry care, and breeding?
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #13 
Campbell

The tanks LOOK clean, but you're not the one living in and drinking that water. If your going to keep them in small tanks at least do a 50% water change every other day. Be sure to research the breeding heavily. As of now you don't have the right setup for that.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote