Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #11 
Nataku

*echoes what Kim said* Seriously for the sake of the fish you should be glad if your local wal-mart's don't sell fish. There are two around here that do, and they are kept in deplorable conditions. At one of my wal-marts I have found a dead fish in their sink every time I've gone there, this has been going on for several weeks now. Different fish every time... I don't know what they think they're doing by leaving dead fish in the sink, especially considering there's plenty more dead fish still floating in the tanks. I have a friend who works at that wal-mart (alas he's in the electronics department, has nothing to do with the fish, doesn't know anything about 'em anyhow), and asked him to ask around and see if anyone actually even does anything about the fish section. He says that supposedly the people in the garden department are supposed to also take care of the fish section, but they only go over there maybe once a week to restock the shelves and put the new fish in the tanks when they show up.

Wal-mart policies obviously do not understand the concept of fish be living animals, and unlike the other store products, require a bit of maintenance to survive.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #12 
Bubsymamma

Walmarts are horrible with their fish, it's like fish hell!

However I have rescued a betta or two from a Walmart that lived for three or four years; a little love goes a long way.
Bubsymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #13 
froglady

My walmart use to. but they were so poor at taking care of the fish. they ended having fish . Im glad I felt so sorry for those fish,.I rescued bettas and frogs there. non are alive now. but Im sure they lived longer with me. than if they would have stayed there. those poor little bettas were hardly fed. and their jars were never cleaned. I complained. but it didnt help. they eventually quit selling fish.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #14 
IonBaller07

It is sad at walmart, I went in there today to buy a heaters, the bettas were terrible, they were in the back of the shelf so they were all in the dark and could barely be seen, so they would definitly not be bought. There was one tank that was almost a 10g that had about 30 goldfish and koi mixed, and another that had about 20 something OSCARS...IN LESS THAN A 10g. There is no way they will live very long.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #15 
froglady

Yes I use to almost cry when Id go to walmart seeing the fish in horrible conditions. it left me very depressed.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote