Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just saw Rusty, my new crowntail, resting on one of his plants! YAY! I hope he'll begin to use them. I have no idea if he ever does when I'm not around.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #12 
Kim

dramaqueen: It's quite possible that they do use them, just not when you're around. My bettas all have lots of plants and most have pots as well. However, when ever I am in the room they are all floating near the glass wiggling at me. Even if I put new stuff in the tanks they generally are more interested in me and don't go right away to check it out. But, if I walk out of the room and peek in, they are all checking out the plants and swimming around/through them, sometimes flaring at something new. Same thing with the pots. I never thought they used them until I saw them sleeping in them at night. Some also sleep in the plants. I like decorations because they seem to keep them amused when I'm not around ;)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #13 
MarieBettaMom

What do you think it means when they flare?

I had to move George's plant when I added the heater. Had to rearrange the plant a few times, still not sure it's in a good spot (because the water flow seems stronger now than before I inserted the heater & moved the plant). After one plant rearrangement, George swam around, and I swear he looked straight at me and flared a moment. I think he was saying, "I HATE IT!" But I really have no idea.

Poor thing, I think he is still trying to find a nice comfy calm spot to rest.
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #14 
crowntail lover

What Chicklet was saying about our fishes personalty. Well I have a good story.
My Betta male Jasper is currently in a 1 gallon vace/bowl with a plant growing not out but in it....(The roots are growing in it) Well 5 days ago I put him in a bigger bowl/tank that was 2.5 gallons without the plant but had a figure dec. in it, which he HATED!!! He would stay in one spot and not swim anywhere but at the bottom. This went on for a couple of days until I couldnt stand to look at him, being so miserable. So I put him back in the SMALLER vace/bowl WITH the plant and he is as happy as he was before!!! lol......
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #15 
crowntail lover

What do you think it means when they flare?
It means they are either frightened and dont want to show they are so the try to look bigger. Interested, or showing of for the laddies!!!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #16 
fishyinpa

Hmm...yeah I know Fishy and Morado use their plants and caves. Dunno bout my girls and Elvis. They probably do when I am not around like someone else said.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw 2 bridges at Walmart but one was broken and I was afraid my fish would get stuck under the other one because the spaces under it were so small.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #18 
froglady

I tried putting some wood in my bettas tank, that had a cave like place under it.and he seemed to feel crowded. so I took it out. and added the floating flowers and the silk flowers. he seems to be happy now.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Jaden has taken to sitting on top of his thermometer.lol It's so cute!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #20 
froglady

Thats really cute on the thermometer.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote