Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #21 
ox dynamics xo

i had neon tetras which got fin rot but this white fungus type thing coated them aswell and the couldnt move. they died 2 days after getting the white stuff on them. my water is perfectly fine and i have a small catfish with the same thing. it isnt really moving at all, i mean it can move its mouth but it wont swimm and it stays near the top of the bowl. i have tried stress zyme and i think it caught it in my brothers tank(long story). i really have no idea what to do or what it is as i have only been keeping fish for 2-3 weeks. pleas Help!!!!!!!!!!
(even a diagnosis would be extremely helpful)
ox dynamics xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #22 
LaniBaby

hm.. do you have a picture you can put up here for us to see? i had a betta that got a white stringy fungus once right from the petstore after 2 days, but i was unable to cure it and lost him, so i'm afraid i'm not much help in this area. Anyone else?

You can do some internet searches to see if you can find some photos that look similar (just to be sure) and then maybe try some jungle fungus clear. That's had good results for a lot of people on here, from what i hear. it'll stain everything in your tank that you don't remove, but it may save your poor little guy.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #23 
LilMermaidGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
My walmart just got in some new bettas and most of them have bad fin rot. I tried to find an employee to tell, but I couldn't even find one.
I don't think they'd do anything about it anyway, not at wal-mart. Someone I know used to work at one and said the other tanks (that have other non-betta fish) had all the filters broken and it took them months just to fix that. He said if someone complains most likely they'll act they're going to fix it but won't. He worked at wal-mart for 5 years (though not in the fish/animal section).

And then I was in wal-mart a few days ago and looking at the fish area, and they had all the bettas in their small cups, well some looked sooooo bad. There was one that must of been there for awhile, because he had about an inch, maybe inch and half of water left in the cup, and it was pure brown with lots and lots of poop floating all it. I really can't describe how bad it was. There should be guidlines all stores should have to go by, I guarentee this would not have passed. I have never seen such a disgusting area for fish. It's clear that his water hadn't been changed or any new water added for a rather long time. I don't know if the fish had fin rot, I could barely see him through the gross water (and he was bright red colored).
LilMermaidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #24 
BettaSquirt

When i went to petco today to get some replacement pads (and convinced my mom to get a new betta) and one of them was laying on its side on the bottom of the cup, gasping and it didnt move. I got so sad and i wanted to take it home, but i thought, right when i buy it, it will die, and my mom wont get me another, so i just left it, i got really sad though. Next time i see that im gonna complain to one of the fish guys. :(
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

You could send them an e-mail. I did that with Meijers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #26 
BettaSquirt

Oooh good idea ;)
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #27 
LaniBaby

make sure it goes to corporate with the store number on it, time, date, and location. and copy peta.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good advice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #29 
Vikki81207

Kay, so my boy Fishy seems to have fin rot. His fins are curling up and in a couple spots there are small bits missing. Should I just transfer him to his one gallon and give him salt?? Or give him meds too? I know I posted earlier, but this seems to be a good fin rot thread. I don't know how to treat it. Just been reading after other people. lol. I want to do whatever is possible. I set his 1 gallon back up. I figured it would be easier to clean, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep his tank warm with it being so small. Sorry, I'm just paranoid and I like knowing the EXACT way to do things. So should I use salt & meds? Just salt?? Should I still put in decorations?? & how often to change water. Thanks guys.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #30 
TitoBetta

aw, thats sad. my fish has fin rot, and hes had it for a little while now and he is still very active and makes bubble nests, i give him "betta revive" and it works great! i think his fins are starting to grow back now!
TitoBetta is offline   Reply With Quote