Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thats exactly what I call her! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #12 
Kim

Wow, how did I miss this thread before?

All the work and effort that you are putting into saving these fish is really admirable. I really wish I could take some, but I have so many tanks as it is....

Good luck!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #13 
LaniBaby

oh man.. i just read the original post. that's awful!! I can't believe your teacher is allowing that. Honestly, I would write a letter to the board or the principal or even the newspaper. He's teaching that it's ok to use animals as experiments; to bring them near death and then "try" to revive them. There's enough of that going on in labs around the world. I don't think we need classrooms doing it, too.

Good luck on your fish, veganchick. If you need help letter writing, i work as a writer.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #14 
froglady

I think its grreat you taking care of the fish. five stars for you!
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #15 
MarieBettaMom

I can't seem to get to the article linked to. I tried logging in with my login/pwd, but it won't accept it.
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its under the forum betta fish care, page 4. Its entitled I'm gonna need a bunch of help... Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #17 
MarieBettaMom

Thanks, I found the original post. Wow, I can't believe all this went on in science class. That is quite a huge task to bring all these fish back to life. {{waving pom poms}} Go, Vegan, Go!!!
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think its wonderful. :) :)
Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #19 
veganchick

Awwww thanks everyone! I wasn't asking about putting bettas in with goldies, I was asking about betta medicine if that confused some of you! :) Thanks I went and bought some more supplies today. That little goldie is still holding on. I took home 7 neons with some type of fungis today, and there is nothing I can do for the little CT betta with dropsy. I also got another load of 7 more bettas today, and I'm almost into the dreaded half gallon tanks for the bettas, but before I stoop that low I will divide the ten gallon into 5 dif parts instead of three. 3 of the new bettas have some kinda parasite, the others just have terrible fin rot
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #20 
onekatietwo

:( Good luck.

I would take one from you, but I dont' know if shipping would work out because I live in Montana and its fairly cold up here now and I don't know if it would make it.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote