Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

That would be a great idea, then your rescue goldies would have a home. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #32 
LaniBaby

if you're dividing the tanks to treat the bettas, doesn't that spread whatever illnesses they have to each other while they're being treated?
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

If they have the same illness, it may not matter. I don't know. Good question.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #34 
veganchick

that would be awesome! I can just convert the house in to an animal shelter (it almost already is, my cat, and two dogs, and a ton of my fish are rescues from shelters and the street) JK.... I wish! lol.... sadly i have thought about that!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #35 
Nataku

If you take a tank and divide it, yes, whatever one fish has, they will all get. So if you are going to stick some in a divided tank, I recommend sticking only ones that you have already thoroughly inspected and passed as 'clean' into the divided tanks. Sick ones go in individual tanks to be treated. The reason we normally won't stick sick ones together in a tank is just because they may all appear to have the same thing, one of them might also be carrying something that does not show externally. This does not mean its not contagious though, and he will spread it to the other fish. Those other (already sick) fish may not have enough of an immune system left and will not be able to fight off this new illness, and die.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #36 
veganchick

Ya, only a few fish are in there right now. Sadly I only have 3 spots left in the ten gallon, then its down to the half gallons. I already have a feeder guppy (bob) in a half gallon. I'm prly gonna just end up keeping him cuz knowone wants to pay shipping on a fish that costs 30 cents! Idk where to put him tho...
Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Would someone who is taking some of your rescue bettas be willing to take the extra goldfish? I can certainly understand not wanting to pay a lot of money to ship one little goldfish.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #38 
onekatietwo

Are they feeder goldfish? Don't those get really, really huge and need super giant tanks? I need to really research this goldfish thing. I really love goldfish a lot, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get any until I am out of college, done traveling, and relatively 'settled in'... if that ever happens.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #39 
crowntail lover

What is there current shipping cost???
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #40 
veganchick

crowntail lover, it depends where you live. The goldies are all fantails, and a few feeders. The one guy in the half gallon I was talking about is a feeder guppy, not goldfish. OH! I forgot to mention, my neighbor has a huge goldfish pond in her backyard, and it never occured to me to ask her if she wanted any fish, and so i did toda and she said she would take about five!