Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #1 
Seki

Surprise betta! Platinum white dragon~

A friend from work texted today asking if I wanted to go to the aquarium specialty store with her to get some new fish for her boyfriend. I needed some medicine for my sick VT, so I said I'd love to go. We had a great time looking at all the saltwater fish (I'll post pictures in another thread, they were SO pretty), but we had to head over to the freshwater side to look at the tetras her boyfriend wanted. Inevitably, I ended up looking at the bettas. They had a lot of nice ones, and I admired them a bit, but I had absolutely no intention of getting any more fish. Twelve was quite enough, thanks.

She fell in love with a crowntail and took him to the register to buy him. I found some NLS pellets (YAY!!), so I purchased those and was milling around looking at tanks when she told me to go start the car so it could cool down before she got out with her fish. I was a bit surprised but went ahead and went out to the car to start it and cool it down. She arrived a few minutes later and we headed off. About halfway down the highway she pulls out an extra bag with none other than the platinum white betta I had been looking at in the store! She bought him for me as a surprise, which was why she had wanted me to go out to the car. I was very surprised, but also a bit panicked because I didn't have anywhere for the fish to live at the moment and I wasn't sure I wanted another betta. But now that I've got him in a temporary home, I'm feeling a bit better about the whole thing and thought you all might like to see him. She had been calling him "Moonsparkle" (she's 26... yep), but I think I'd like a more regal name for him. Moonsparkle will be his nickname haha. Ideas?

In the store in his mini glass bowl

At home in the cup I put him in temporarily

Chilling in his temporary 1/2 gallon

With flash... this is a very accurate depiction of his color. He truly is platinum white with no visible iridescence.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #2 
cowboy

Since she came up with that name why not shorten it and call him mooney
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #3 
jesssan2442

He is pretty!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #4 
Seki

lol Nah I'd like to name him something a bit less cutesy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #5 
cowboy

Let us know what you call him. My head is stuck on country names (I love cowboys lol) so I'm afraid I won't help. Sure a nice surprise, what a great friend.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #6 
cowboy

Starbucks? What about latte?
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #7 
cowboy

For some reason Nashville is sticking lol oh or kiyora (key-or-ra) just don't tell my friend I'm suggesting his daughters name!

Last edited by cowboy; 07-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #8 
Seki

Haha Latte is kinda cute, but I dunno, it doesn't seem to fit him too well. Nashville isn't resonating with me so much haha but that's a cute name.

Yeah, it was really sweet of her to get me this fish! I'm not a big fan of giving live creatures as gifts, though, unless you know the person is prepared for the animal. I feel bad he's stuck in a 1/2 gallon until I can get something larger.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #9 
cowboy

Regardless of all the comments I will get for this he will be fine until you get something bigger.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #10 
jesssan2442

You could get rubber maid container, they are like $5 and they come in all sizes! walmart has tons!!

Here are a few names that might be good for him!

cealy
cyrus
rapheal
carson
harrison
michael
milton
mayor
myro
jackson
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote