Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #11 
cowboy

Good idea, I never thought of the containers. Good name list. I'm really liking kiyora. I think I need a new fish lol just kidding. 2 is enough (for now)
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #12 
Seki

cowboy - I think he'll be alright, too. His 1/2 gallon is bare-bottomed, but I did put a silk plant in there so he can hide. So far he's not been hiding, though. He seems very chill and surprisingly friendly. I am the slightest bit worried that his eyes are swollen, but that might just be how he normally looks.

jessan2442 - I plan on getting him a 2.5 gallon next week. The issue is that I live out in the country and it takes a lot of time to get to anywhere that sells pet supplies. I simply don't have time today to get him a real tank because I have to work. Those are cute name ideas, though!! I like them, thank you!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #13 
Huffle Puffles

What a beautiful boy you've got!!

Suggestion for a name is Yang, it's the masculine/positive (white) side of the Yin Yang symbol.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #14 
cowboy

As someone who used to do tai chi I totally relate to that name. Excellent suggestion
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #15 
Anime Fish

What a handsome boy, lucky you! :D
Hmm, reading "white dragon" made me think of Japanese for some reason. White dragon in Japanese is called either Shiroryuu or Shiroryo. Other name suggestions are Shun or Lumiere. I also love the name "Yang" as suggested above. :D
Anime Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #16 
Seki

Oooh I'm liking these suggestions. Gonna have to think on this!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #17 
jesssan2442

how about?I also like Yang but I'm not sure he looks like one but he may have the right personality for it!

Backster
Ryder
Kari
Oasis
Aiden
Alarm
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #18 
kjnewcome

Aww! What a sweet surprise. He is beautiful!
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #19 
Seki

Thank you all, I'm very pleased with him. I'm hoping to get his 2.5 gallon set up tomorrow when I get my tips at work (we get them weekly) and have a bit of money. I'm super happy to have the fish, he's stunning. I'm just gonna have to shell out a bit to get him properly situated haha. If I put aside about $30 I should be able to get him a decent set-up... maybe $40... -_- He's worth it, though. ^_^

Maybe I'll get his name figured out when I can see more of his personality when he's in a proper tank. Right now he doesn't do much because 1/2 of a gallon isn't much space when you've got all those fins filling it up haha. He's a DTHM and his fins are HEAVY. I've seen him start sort of tilting backwards as his fins droop haha. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a biter. o_O I'd hate if he ruined his fins, I love how they have a clear band around the edge~

I really want to see him flare. I haven't been able to get him to do it yet, but he's probably still a bit nervous in his new environment. I can tell he'll be stunning when he flares, though! ^_^
Old 07-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #20 
jesssan2442

Naming is one of the hardest things to do with betta fish! I'm sure he will be stunning once he is happy in his new 2.5g you'll have to post a few pictures once you get him settled! I think something red in his tank would really make him pop! maybe a red bridge or a few red marbles!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote