Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #1 
Serqet

Getting my first Betta

I'm setting up the 5 gallon tank today and planning to get my first fish mid-week or so (depends on my schedule lol). I have a question. I'm not sure where to get my fish; I've checked out the local pet stores and honestly I'm not that impressed by either the quality, care and health of what they have to offer. And frankly, none of their bettas have spoken to me about coming home with me :(

However, in surfing the net, I've found 2 beautiful halfmoons that keep bringing me back to stare at their pics. But they are on eBay... any opinions on buying fish there? The one that really catches my eye is listed as a mustard black blue halfmoon... and he's beyond beautiful. Going by all the posts I've read here on "show" quality, what to look for etc... to my untrained eye I can't find any fault with him... I'm just not sure if eBay is a good place to buy a fish from.

I guess I'm looking to see if anyone here has gotten fish on eBay and what their experience has been like. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
Serqet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #2 
Serqet

This is the one that keeps bringing me back.
Serqet is offline   Reply With Quote