Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #51 
BETTACHKALOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I think whatever bacteria is causing the Popeye is the source of your other problems. He looks extremely stressed in the pictures you posted. I think the stress and bacteria are taking a toll on him. I guess if I were you, I would try treating with API General Cure and ES combined together. I would order Kanaplex tonight, and start that once it arrives if he is still sick. I would dose the ES at a max dose of 3 tsp or 1 tbs. That would be my plan of attack.
Didn't see your post , must be put it at the same time. But +1
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #52 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I agree with NeptunesMom.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #53 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I think whatever bacteria is causing the Popeye is the source of your other problems. He looks extremely stressed in the pictures you posted. I think the stress and bacteria are taking a toll on him. I guess if I were you, I would try treating with API General Cure and ES combined together. I would order Kanaplex tonight, and start that once it arrives if he is still sick. I would dose the ES at a max dose of 3 tsp or 1 tbs. That would be my plan of attack.
Here is some new photos of him and his poop. It is hard for him to swim, I just put him back to cup.
Name:  2013-07-29_201055.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  2013-07-29_201117.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  2013-07-29_201135.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  2013-07-29_201201.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  27.4 KB
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #54 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
So he looking just like Noodle did? And i think you share equipment between them?
Maracyn's said not working in ph higher than 7.0.
Yes, probably I shared smth but I do not remember really. Probably I did as he looks 100% the same. And getting worse without improvement the same fast no matter what.
You were so right telling me to be careful!!!!

Last edited by Lena N; 07-29-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #55 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well good news is the poop looks good!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #56 
Lena N

I did not want to tell you guys, but I started API General Cure at 2 p.m. my time. Though I do not think it is right medicine eather now , I will have to finish course as it also has antibiotic in it.
General Cure helped my fish Cherryk a lot when he had gill problem, he recovered 100%. But his fins were ok. I do not think stress can cause this problem with fins. It is extreemly contigeous ans sewear infection.

Thank you so much for your time guys(ladies) trying to save Blueno, you spent all day together with me. I appreciate a lot!
If you still have any ideas please write.

Last edited by Lena N; 07-29-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #57 
Lena N

I found the receipy how to make Furan-2 from human antibiotics I have at home (they were prscribed for me)http://forum.vitawater.ru/forum/1105...-svoimi-rukami
So I would say I have Furan-2 also.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #58 
Lena N

Just ordered Kanaplex...must arrive by Friday

Last edited by Lena N; 07-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #59 
LittleBlueFishlets

It looks like Columnaris to me. (Based on the second photo in post 53.)

If this was my fish, I would use a furan antibiotic such as API Furan 2, Bifuran, or Jungle Fungus Clear.

(You can keep using Epsom salt for the popeye if you want. (But I think he really needs an antibiotic too.))
(You can keep using API General Cure if you want. (But it treats fungal and parasitical problems, not bacterial.))

For bacterial infections, you want the temperature on the lower side. (About 76-77F.)

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 07-30-2013 at 01:54 AM.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #60 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
It looks like Columnaris to me. (Based on the second photo in post 53.)

If this was my fish, I would use a furan antibiotic such as API Furan 2, Bifuran, or Jungle Fungus Clear.

(You can keep using Epsom salt for the popeye if you want. (But I think he really needs an antibiotic too.))
(You can keep using API General Cure if you want. (But it treats fungal and parasitical problems, not bacterial.))

For bacterial infections, you want the temperature on the lower side. (About 76-77F.)
I can see in the second picture of those posted last night a small bit of what looks like fuzz hanging off his gill. If that is actually fuzz hanging off his gill then I totally agree it's columnaris. But, at the same time I can't tell if it's just a reflection. Please advise us Lena on whether that is actually there, or if it's a reflection.

If it is columnaris then I totally agree with LBF. You can get Jungle Fungus Clear at Wal-Mart.

I think he actually looks better in the 2nd group of pictures than in the first. If it is just Popeye, and he already had a bad reaction (at least you think he was worse after it. correct?) to Maracyn II I would stick with the General Cure. If it is Columnaris, then Furan 2 or Jungle Fungus Clear would be your best option.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote