Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #71 
Lena N

Blueno is melting away. He still has all that thin layer cotton fuz over all body no matter so much antibiotics I used.
I can not put him to sleep though. Do you think maybe I should put him in warm clearn water cup floating in tank at least? I am afrid he is cold :(.
Here is some pictures of him...
Hope nobody will have the same though...
Pay attenton how small his pectoral fins became...
Name:  2013-08-01_132812.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  2013-08-01_132832.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  2013-08-01_132910.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  57.9 KB

Ok, guys, I thought I would post it as it may help someone in future.

After spending many hours in internet I found that his desease looks both like

Columnaris and Gyrodactylus and the medicine that treats both very successfully

is Acriflavine.

Of course you can order only online...

Even on Seachem Paraguard page it was recommended against Columnaris by Seachem worker.

Last edited by Lena N; 08-01-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #72 
LittleBlueFishlets

Since this thread is now 8 pages long.... Can you give a quick summary of what meds you've used ever since he got sick?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #73 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Since this thread is now 8 pages long.... Can you give a quick summary of what meds you've used ever since he got sick?
Day 1st he had pop eyes (not too bad)
Next day that got better and I did not do anything

Day 7th pop eyes are back only much worse

Day 8 Looks and swims fine.
Epsom salt (recommended here dosage, do not remember now what)

Day 9 Fins clamed terribly just overnight. Sits at the bottom. Started Maracyn 2. Darts type swimming if does. By the evening got worse, fins all sticked together...Was very scared because of that and put him in just AQ salt for night. Stoped Maracyn 2 :(
My fault to stop antibiotic...

Day 10 In the morning looks happier and swims a liitle. First saw some white fuz but only under surtain angle. Was recomended to rase temperature. Done. Body all became in stains of white fuz visible under sertain angle just during several hours. Fins totaly desapering. But still has some pectoral fins to swim. At lunch started General Cure.

Day 11 Everything worse: body, fins, pop eye already not a consern.
Sits at the bottom swims only for air.

Day 11 or 12 Started Maracyn 2 and Furan 2 Sits at the bottom swims only for air.

Day 12 Looks better but pectoral fins still getting smaller. Sits at the bottom swims only for air.

Day 13 0,5 tea spoon AQ salt in water, in Maracyn 2 and Furan 2, Bath with Mathelen Blue for 30 min
Looks worse again. Trys to eat but spits out pelets.
Sits at the bottom swims only for air.

Day 14 (today) Maracyn 2 and Furan 2 no salt in water
Looks worse almost no pectoral fin, still white thin cover over body, looks worse. Had 2 blood warms in the morning, did not want more.Trys but can not swallow pellet.
Swims for the air I do not know how - almost no pectoral fins. Started to poop curly light(pale, greenish) poop (in the morning and lunch).

Last edited by Lena N; 08-01-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #74 
LittleBlueFishlets

I haven't heard of Gyrodactylus before. (I just looked it up. It's an external parasite - which produces skin or gill flukes.)

Does he have the following symptoms? "The fish shows obvious signs of irritation and the damaged areas can develop into significant skin ulcers and fin erosions..." (The Fish Site - Parasite Focus: Gyrodactylus

Another good article: Flukes (Gyrodactylus) - lists symptoms and treatments.

If you feel it's this, and want Acriflavine.... You can get API Fungus Cure at places like Petsmart. API Fungus Cure contains 30 mg Acriflavine per packet.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote