Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #31 
MJ1911

I just wanted to compliment you Remus. He has beautiful colors. Where did you get him?
MJ1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #32 
Rjlupin

PetSmart :)
Rjlupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #33 
Rjlupin

Remus passed away with little warning yesterday. :( I think his fin mutation was a sign of genetic problems, because the water params were totally normal, and nothing had changed... My Otos are doing fine... I'm really sad. He was such a great fish. I even made a lot of art about my planted tank.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh no I'm really sorry Lupin, he was such a beautiful fish! May he swim in peace under the Rainbow Bridge.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #35 
Rjlupin

;~; We might go this weekend to get another male for the ten gallon. It will give me an opportunity to quarantine him in a floater while I watch the rest of the fish for any sign of stress or illness. But... I cry whenever I see a photo of Remus. He had so much personality. I really was proud that I took such good care of him. I have lots and lots of plants now, and several different varieties.

I even nursed a really sick girl back to reasonable health (I think she might also be old). But I never saw his death coming, hit me like a truck. Only sign of illness was he was laying on some plants a lot, but he did that sometimes to rest and escape the filter flow, so I didn't think twice.

Plus, it's finals week in school and I've been so busy, I might have missed any additional signs of distress... I even inspected his body for external signs like columnaris or velvet and I saw none. He looked just the same, except maybe a little pale.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I understand, finals is never an easy time of the year. I'm really sorry though, you did do really well with him and he lived a wonderful life with you! So don't forget that! If you get another fish, you aren't replacing him, you never will but you're allowing another fish to have a good life as well I'm glad to hear the girl is doing reasonably well though!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote