Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #1 
snowflake311

pick up or have shipped?

The transhipper I use is about 2 hours away from me. Last time I made a day of it and picked up my fish on the way home. This time I thought we were going to do the same but change of plans.

Now I don't know if I should drive 2 hours to pick up 2 fish. or have them shipped to me?

I drive a jeep and I average 30mpg driving there. If I had a prius I would make the drive.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

How much is shipping?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #3 
snowflake311

Import/handling fee $3
Box Fee $5
Shipping $10
Total $18

That was the break down for one fish. but I got 2 this time. I am not sure if she will charge more for 2 fish. I imagine the import fee would be $6.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #4 
snowflake311

I drove all the way and only got one fish. The breeder did not ship my fish! I went to pick up because I thought I was getting 2 fish.

I have no clue where my other fish is. I hope it's at another transporter. If not I want my money back.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #5 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
Import/handling fee $3
Box Fee $5
Shipping $10
Total $18

That was the break down for one fish. but I got 2 this time. I am not sure if she will charge more for 2 fish. I imagine the import fee would be $6.
That's not too bad for shipping....and I remain totally jealous that everyone in the U.S. can pay so little for the import fee! We have only one transhipper and have no choice but to pay $10 per fish (or occasionally a mere $9...lol...if it's a large shipment...like when I bought 36 fish).

However, it's not all about cost....if shipping will take a couple of days and increase the chances of the fish not surviving, then it may be better to pick them up.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #6 
snowflake311

Yeah I like to pick them up because I know the fish is in good hands all the way home. Who knows what happens to boxes being shipped.

I am really pissed I have no clue where my other fish is. I have a feeling the breeder forgot to ship it.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #7 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
Yeah I like to pick them up because I know the fish is in good hands all the way home. Who knows what happens to boxes being shipped.

I am really pissed I have no clue where my other fish is. I have a feeling the breeder forgot to ship it.
Email the breeder! That's the best way to figure out where your fish has gone. It sure beats trying to guess too. That sucks that you drove all that way, and they weren't both there!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I would drive and pick them up if possible. I've had/witnessed post offices (Canada post) screw up and kill fish too many times to trust any post workers. Remember... If you want it done right, do it your self!

I'm also so jealous that shipping/handling/transhipping is so cheap for you... It's like 60$ to get a box from the transhipper to me... And that doesn't include the fish, the box and other shipping supplies, or the transhipping cost (which is ridiculous because our transhipper runs a monopoly).
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #9 
snowflake311

The seller forgot to ship the fish. It's still in Thailand. He offered me a refund. Or will ship next Sunday.

Anyone know where I can find a big ear, dragon, butterfly, purpleish, hmpk female?