Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #1 
Indefinitive

Okay, this may be an emergency.

So, I'm going to have to forget about that little guy with SBD in the store for now. I think Fiyero may be sick.

He is in a 10 gallon tank that I bought second hand. I cleaned it up really well, but I'm scared that I might have missed a spot. He has what looks like either little bubbles, or little grains of salt sticking to his body and fins. After a little research, I found that ich sometimes looks like grains of salt. The person I bought the tank from said that it had been sitting in her shed for quite some time. I really had to clean it up, because there was a lot of dirt and dust everywhere. Could the fungus survive?

He's been in two tanks since he got home - Wilson's old tank, as a temporary tank, and this second hand one. We scrubbed out Wilson's old tank, but could it be a possibility that he might have caught it from the tank that Wilson died in?

If it is ich, what do you guys recommend I treat with?

Last edited by Indefinitive; 05-06-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Indefinitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #2 
Elisew

Hi Indefinitive

I`m just about finished treating my Betta for ich/whitespot so totally understand where you`re coming from.

I`m no expert but as no-one has been able to reply to you yet I thought I could.

There`s a thread about my Betta sticking his head in the tank stones that I posted in the `Care` section. that may give you some info to help until one of the more experienced people here can help?

I`m in the UK so have different brands of stuff to use, so it probably won`t be much good recommending anything.
Nataku gave me some brill advice so have a read in the care section of the forum.

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote