Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #1 
Draven 2012

Name suggestions and more color questions

Since everyone here was so wonderful in identifying what I now know is my black laced copper super delta, I thought I would post pictures of my other two bettas. I would love to know what they are as well, if anyone is willing, and also any name suggestions you guys might have. I am leaning towards "Oblivion" for my Copper, which is the title to one of my favorite 30 Seconds to Mars songs. Any name suggestions anyone is willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

And for anyone who didn't meet him on my other post, this is Oblivion.

Draven 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #2 
Seki

First one looks like a red butterfly super delta. I'm uncertain about the second... maybe a copper super delta?

Either way, gorgeous fish!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

If the first one does not have a clean line for the dorsal between the colors, it is not a butterfly, but came from a butterfly line and would be considered a bi-colored betta.

Second is a copper Super Delta.

On a different note, both are noting some melting on the fins (where it looks like melted plastic). If they are new, that's usual. I still suggest IAL (Indian almond leaves) because it will help with that, and plus it has so many beneficial factors for betta fish :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #4 
Draven 2012

Sorry, I posted the wrong pictures. One of these days I will get the hang of this stuff.

Oblivion.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #5 
Draven 2012

Thanks, so the one is a bi-color and the other a copper? So copper can happen on any color fish? This guy has a light blue base with an iridescent pink/red/green. Sorry if I am asking stupid questions.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Seeing the other views of the "possible butterfly" he is a butterfly :)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #7 
Draven 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
If the first one does not have a clean line for the dorsal between the colors, it is not a butterfly, but came from a butterfly line and would be considered a bi-colored betta.

Second is a copper Super Delta.

On a different note, both are noting some melting on the fins (where it looks like melted plastic). If they are new, that's usual. I still suggest IAL (Indian almond leaves) because it will help with that, and plus it has so many beneficial factors for betta fish :)
What do you mean by a clean line on the dorsal? The line between white and red on the dorsal looks like same as it does on his tail. Is that what you are asking? Yes, they are new. I purchased all 3 of them a week ago from Petsmart as Halfmoons.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #8 
Seki

The angle of the picture made it difficult to see the white on the dorsal in the picture you posted at first. I caught a glimpse of it, though, so I called him a butterfly and your later pictures confirmed that. A butterfly is a pattern where there is a thick, solid, even band of white around the edge of all fins, including ventrals, and the rest of the color is solid.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #9 
Draven 2012

Thank you so much for all of the information. I really appreciate it. Now I just need to come up with names for these two.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #10 
Sena Hansler

Well I'm odd for names :p I had a Ghengis Khan, Phantom Menace, King George, Spartan, Riddles, Mickey...