Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #1 
Haleigh

Bloated Stomach or Possible Tumor?

First off, I want to apologize, because I know I post on here frequently worrying that something is wrong with one of my babies! I'm just slightly paranoid about losing one since I love them.

I was talking to Remmy after feeding him when I noticed his stomach seemed to be rounder than normal. I hadn't noticed it before and compared it to my other betta Catullus. I'm wondering if this could be a tumor, or if he could just be bloated. Of course, it could also just be how his stomach is shaped. Anyone have some thoughts?

I'm wondering if I'm feeding him too much. Unfortunately, he spits out the NLS pellets when I try to feed him those, so I have to feed him Omega One Flakes. It's tough to judge how much I'm feeding him, but I try to break the flakes in half and feed him three of those twice a day. Is that a good amount?

Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

He does look a little bloated. You said this was right after feeding him right? I would fast for 2-3 days, if there's still no change then something other than bloat is going on.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #3 
Haleigh

Ok, thanks. I'll definitely do that.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote