Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #1 
rockstar26

tank dividers?

i'm so fustrated, i bought a new 10 gallon tank, and i installed the tank divider that i purchased for it.. problem is the metal clips for the dividers make it impossiable for the hood of the tank to be on properly... wtf is a girl to do?
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #2 
Elisew

rockstar26 you have my sympathy!!

I had exactly the same problem when I fit mine too.

In the end I used the gravel to keep the divider in place at the bottom then my Husband came up with the suggestion of using the suction cups from filters or airline tubing to keep the top of the divider in place. Works really well, the divider doesn`t move at all

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #3 
dukie1346

Same with me, I just use gravel to keep the bottom in place. The hood of the tank doesn't fit perfectly either, but it's still on the tank.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #4 
IonBaller07

Yah, both my divider and my filter keep my hood from fitting properly. And if I put in on even close to properly the filter poors water on my hood and floor. So I just have to keep it kinda lopsided on my tank.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #5 
rockstar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisew View Post
rockstar26 you have my sympathy!!

I had exactly the same problem when I fit mine too.

In the end I used the gravel to keep the divider in place at the bottom then my Husband came up with the suggestion of using the suction cups from filters or airline tubing to keep the top of the divider in place. Works really well, the divider doesn`t move at all

Lise x
I made sure to secure the bottom with the gravel... i'll have to check out suction cups!! goodness if that works then my lid will be on perfectly! lol lordy i've already been to petco about 5 times in the last 2 days!!
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote